Why you should not let yourself get drugged by faeries

Andy laughed with overwhelming joy as he kicked back his feet and danced with the thousands of twirling blurs scattered around him. Spinning his arms around, he swayed his body to the melodious melody being played.

"Having fun?" A girl asked him, sending an enchanting smile his way, her ruby red hair swinging behind her. She looked to be around sixteen years old, her porcelain skin practically radiant in the moonlight with her doll-like features set in an innocent and naive way. Andy's attention, however, was enraptured with her otherworldly wings, glittering like razor-sharp diamonds erupting from her flawless back.

Noticing his fixated gaze towards the items behind her, she graced him with an elegantly amused expression, hiding a giggle behind her hands.

"New here, are you." She crooned, running a single, unnaturally long finger down his face, stopping at his frozen lips. Tracing the edge of his pink-red lips, her own lips curved into a beautiful smile.

"Oh love, you are just perfect." She purred, lifting her divine hand from his face to encircle his wrist and pulled him towards her, breaking him from his motionless state.

"Shall we?" She asked, lifting a perfectly black eyebrow. He could only nod in the face of this heavenly creature. Truly, she was something beyond human comprehension.

"You may refer to me as Lady Aurora. What shall I call you?" The newly dubbed Aurora inquired, spinning him in a graceful circle.

"An-andrew, but you can call me Andy" He quietly answered, a bit breathless by the sheer presence of being in front of him.

"Hello, Andrew." She hummed as she twirled herself on the floor, beckoning him to dance with her. So he did. Then, he danced until his feet couldn't move. He danced until he forgot the flow of time. He danced,

and danced,

and danced.

He danced until the first rays of sun broke through the endless night. He knew he needed to go.

"You could stay." Aurora coyly suggested, fixing her inhumanly wide, blue eyes on him, "Stay with us. You will like it, I know."

He thought about it. Dancing like this forever, bathing in the divinity of these heavenly deities surrounding him. For eternity. Indecision warring throughout his body. Shall I? Shall I not? The Lady merely stalked closer towards him, the look in her eyes so very intense.

"Stay." She commanded. He almost did.

Just then, his hand got caught in a twig, the pain bringing an unwelcome sense of clarity to him.

He blinked as his surroundings fell all around him, like a paused hallucination. Torn, not broken.

He blinked as he shot up from the rumpled bed, hands grasping onto the soft, worn cloth.

He blinked at the familiar, yet so foreign face of his mother, Emily Jones, as she pulled him from bed, shouting about being late.

He blinked as he remembered his life - his friends, his cousins, his sister, his parents.

Then, he forgot them, once more, as he fell into a deep, slumbering sleep, once his day was spent.

He forgot them, once more, as he opened his eyes to the too-perfect meadow, with too-perfect flowers and too-perfect bodies dancing under the starless, moonlit sky.

He forgot them in the face of Lady Aurora's radiant aura as she purred her greeting. As she curled her fingers in his chocolate brown hair, her lips forming a self-assured smile. As she twirled him to the hypnotizing music, her abnormally blue eyes glinting in that archly amused manner.

This time, when she asked him whether he wanted to stay, she carefully eased him onto the ground, avoiding stray twigs and branches.

"What do you have waiting for you?" She asked, curling a possessive hand on his cheek. He tried to remember his mother and the shape of her face. He tried to remember his father and the colour of his eyes. He tried to remember his sister and the shade of her hair.

He failed.

So he bowed his head in defeat towards the flawless being before him, an unrelentless force as a truly terrifying smile made its way upon the faerie's face. If he had decided to turn his gaze around him, he would have seen countless humans bowing their heads the same, all around him, to the twisted beauties in front of them.