chapter 1 of a book i may or may not write

It seemed as if the whole world was on fire. The ever so lasting sky was a dark blood red colour almost the same colour as the ground below. It was silent. You could hear the wind blow, the people left alive wailing for their dead families. It seemed as if even the nature knew the anguish, the overwhelming pain that the people alive were going through. The animals always so bright and happy , pranking the other habitants were kneeling with their heads downcast not only because they also had lost their family to the heavens but also because through all this silence there was voice screaming in anguish and anger.

"NO,NO,NO THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING. AGHH FUCKIN HELL I CANNOT HANDLE LOSING YOU. NOT YOU. AFTER ALL THE PEOPLE I'VE LOST I CANNOT GO ON WITHOUT YOU. PLEASE, PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON ME. NO PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE DON'T FUCKING LEAVE ME. PLEASE DON'T FUCKING LEAVE ME. PLEASE NOT YOU TOO."

I'M HEALING YOU, BUT WHY ARE YOU NOT, I broke down , HEA....LING. "Stop ren......you need to let her go", I heard someone beside me say. NO,NO,NO I CAN'T. A bloody green hand touched my face. Oh lord no, this was THAT SHITTY SIGN.

"Listen Ren,I'm here, always you know that, Remember that" She said as her face contorted with pain. The necklace shined. "Shit", I muttered.She stopped breathing. A pair of hands pulled me up.

"....what?"

"No.......no  there's no way...... right?"

"There's no fucking way she broke her promise right?" I turned to my companions.

"Yea obviously not there's no way she woul-"

Before I could register a hand flying towards my cheek, I felt the sharp pain on my right cheek.

"Ithir? What the actual fuck? Why did you slap me, what is wrong with you"

"What is wrong with you?"

"What do you mean?". A calm smile came over me as if the love of my life had'nt just died in front of me.

"She is dead." He said loudly that it seemed as if those sentences had echoed in a plain field which was a beautiful blood red. His silver eyes piercing my dark ones making me remember that i had always been jealous of his eyes. Oh. What a weird time to realise that. I chuckled to myself, If I told her about this surely i would- Wait what did Ithir say again? I thought to myself as i looked at him and then I remembered.

"Don't play with me Ithir, there is no way she would break her promise"

"Open your eyes, stop deluding yourself" Ithir said.

"...what?"

"Look at the body behind you" his eyes filled with agony as he said that.

"What are you even playing at-".

Oh.

My breath left me as I stared into those empty white eyes. They looked lifeless. There was an undeniably large hole where her heart was supposed to be. Where I resided. No way .

Right?

"Love?" I say slowly interwining her bloody green hand in mine.

"Love, can you hear me?"

"I'm here for you"

"Let's go" I say sobbingly as it slowly hits me.

"Let's go home."

"Please"

"I need to hear you voice"

"Love, please"

"You cannot be dead."

"You promised to me, please"

I started sobbing horridly. I didn't care about anything else. Only about the cold lifeless hand in my hand and our memories with only me to hold onto them.

"I know you wouldn't approve but, I'm going to avenge you, love". I say as I kiss her wrist where her heartbeat would be present if she was'nt lost to the heavens.

"You are going to die by my hands, Nefira" I say as I look at bloody red sky in contrast to its emerald green body. Dragons were supposed to be noble and this one sure as hell wasn't.

"You fucked up real bad by killing her and now you are going to die the most gruesome and painful death by my hands." I smirked with malice.

"As if a mere human can send me to hell" The dragon snarled .

"You are nothing" He starts to laugh. His laugh echoing my ears.

"Are you sure?" I say. "Are you so sure that humans have no power over you all?" I say motioning towards him.

His expression was laugh worthy. "W-what how do you know about that?"

"How dare an insolent human dare to threaten-"

"I give you 2 years" I say looking into his wine red eyes.

"You are going to die a excruciating death by my hands after two years this very date"

"Until then i'm going to preserve her body and the day you die i'm going to carve your worthless heart out and place it where her heart was supposed to be"

"Good luck" I say chuckling darkly as I look at his figure slowly disappearing. He was teleporting somewhere . I laugh cruelly as the tears dry on my face, "Always running away from me, I'm going to find you"

I am going to hunt him down even if it means going to the deepest part of hell.

As I kept looking at his red eyes I saw a bit of remorse and guilt. Strangely I felt something tug my heartstrings.

There's no way. He had gone too far and there was no coming back now.