A not-so perfect universe

A reminder that this DOES contain spoilers for Revelations arc(mostly from the movie), so please watch that first before reading this for context.

================================================================

Niles' POV

I opened my eyes, I... We did it, we successfully recreated the perfect universe. However, I felt... different. I observed myself, I look more like a "Mario" now. Other than that, I felt no incorrections, nor imperfections from this universe.

Everything is perfect again.

I took a deep breath and looked around. Mario, my new avatar, still passed out. I suppose that he's going to forget all the memories he had back at the old universe, his friends, and most importantly, his stupidity. I felt bad for him a little, but there's nothing I can really do.

I looked around again and found a blue Mario figure with red overalls and hat. I'm assuming it must be SMG0. I approach him to finally talk to him, but he just seemed to turn away from my direction. I was surprised, he never did this before.

I approach him again, and he just asked me a question.

"Are you happy now?"

I tilted my head with confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Are you happy that you not only used me for power, but also destroyed countless lives just for some fucking universe you think I would be happy in with you?"

"Huh!?" I was in shock; I have never heard SMG0 being THIS mad.

"Are you happy that not only you murdered Fred, but you also killed thousands of universes and their avatars, all because of one stupid world you think that it will be peaceful."

"I..."

"Aren't you also happy to hear of MY NAME being antagonized by tons of people, just because of my ass thinking you could be trusting?"

"..." I felt... scared.

I've never felt so scared. Why am I scared? Am I scared of him yelling or the fact that he's pointing out all of my faults from his perspective?

"Zero, I..."

"No, you know what? SAVE IT. I don't want to hear your excuses. You'll just make up some sort of lie to cover them all up just to make me happy. Not anymore. I'm done being the sweet naïve SMG0 I used to be. I will not be manipulated by your phony lies anymore." He looked at me in a pissed off look.

I just looked down in shame. He was right. I did all of those things just because I needed a new universe. I hurt so many people just so we can be together at peace. Though I didn't feel anything wrong in this universe, the only thing that's wrong here, is our relationship.

We used to be happy in Mage, despite the universe being imperfect, we... no.... I felt free, but here, we are just both tied up in an endless loop filled with anger and sadness.

I looked back at him, and said, "I am sorry. I should've known better before I went to the God Box for help. I should've let my perfections best on me and let me push you and other people away."

He looked backed at me. "Well, if it were still the old me, I'd honestly forgive you, but not anymore. You did so many wrongs that I just can't see you as the same person as before. And this "success" of yours just proves it. I'm sorry, but I can't recognize you anymore. You're not the same Niles that I met when you were just created." He looked at me with sadness, and disappointment.

I have never felt so hurt by those words until now. At this point I just want to cry Infront of him and just apologize over and over, but I know that he won't even forgive me at this point.

He opened a portal to the internet graveyard, and before he entered, he said, "Goodbye Niles. Call me when you need to train our powers or something." And left.

I still thought about everything he said to me.

i....

I hate myself.

I hate how I put my perfections first

I hate that I didn't even consider about SMG0's feelings about the whole universe making thing.

I just wanted a peaceful universe.

I didn't know it costed my friendship with my closest friend.

I won't forgive myself for this.

I sat down, put my hands on my face, and cried in pure shame.

Shame on me for doing the stupid actions for myself.

Shame on me for being inconsiderate to others.

Shame

Shame

Shame

Shame....

"Hey" I know that voice. I looked behind me, it was Mario, except... he was more considerate than before. I suppose he forgot everything, or at least, I hope. I don't want to be reminded of the past anymore, instead I want to move on from everything."

"Are you okay? You look like you got hit by a goomba?"

"... yeah. I'm fine."

We were silent for a few minutes.

"What's your name?"

If I want to move on from the past, I don't want the name I was given to remind me on how an awful of a friend I was.

So... I guess

"....... Void. just call me Void."

===============================================

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HI, IT'S E :DDD

So, it has been a while since I've written, especially the igloo series, but this AU has been longing in my mind ever since the Revelations movie was released and I just had to write it out.

Thank you for your patience, and I promise I'll try to be more active on writing since it's summertime.