Prayers

I hate tests

I hate tests. It's the second week back and we already have a test. 

"Mr. Sunn, can I borrow Pope for a minute." A man says, walking in to our classroom. My head snaps up aswell as Kie's, JJ's and Pope's.

"We're in the middle of a test."

"I'm from the Vanderhorst Foundation." Pope's scholarship.

"Mr, Heyward, It's for you." Pope glances at us all individually before getting up and following the man.

After a couple of minutes Pope comes rushing in with a look of absolute shock.

"What was that?" I ask. He simply holds up a golden envelope with a seel in the shape of wheat. "Is that the wheat symbol?" I whisper in shock. He simply nods his head.

"What the fu- fu... fu... fudge." JJ says, smartly.

"Is this a game of tag?" JJ says, as we enter the library.

"I don't know." Kie says.

"Am I gonna have to beat you with a protractor, what's going on, Pope?" JJ says, too loudly for the librarian .

"Those guys, were from my scholarship. Look at this." Pope says, handing the note to JJ.

"Read it, out loud." Kie says.

"I can't read cursive." He whispers.

"What?" Kie says, snatching it off of him. "Dear Mr. Heyward, I am reaching out because I have material evidence that can exonerate John B. Routledge. It is of vital importance that you come and meet with me, in person, at my offices at 27 King Street, Charleston at 8pm tonight. Please come alone. Regards, C. Limbrey." Kie finishes.

"Charleston? It's like an eight-hour drive plus the ferry." I say. "There's no way, we'll make it by 8." 

"We'd have to leave now." Pope says.

"I have a free period." Kie says.

"I don't want to go to bio." I add.

"What does 'material evidence' mean?" JJ asks, looking at us.

"It means that we can clear John B's name." Kie says.

"Oh, shit, then we're going to Charleston." JJ says.

"Shhh." The librarian says.

"Sorry." I apologize.

"I gotta tell my mom. If we get it this time. We are not giving it to Shoupe." Kie states.

"Of course not." I says.

"Guys, I don't know if it's right, but I think whoever this Limbrey person is, might be related to the captain of the Royal Merchant." Pope says, looking at the computer. On it was a huge ship with a man standing at the front with the word 'H. Limbrey'.