Homecoming

"They've had, like, 10 lawyers in their family

"They've had, like, 10 lawyers in their family." I say, looking down at my phone.

"They've run Charleston for 300 years." Kie adds.

"These kooks make our kooks look like pogues." JJ says, observing the very large house in front of us. "You sure this is the place, Pope?" He asks, getting out of the car.

"I think so." Pope says, following after us.

"Talk about home security." JJ say, looking at the spikes on the top of the gates. "Are those spikes to keep people out?" He asks.

"No. This was the slave headquarters. Those are to keep people in." Pope says, sadly.

We walk up to the door and Pope bangs the knocker twice. "Is that enough?" Kie asks.

"It echoed, so I assume so." JJ says. We wait for a second, but no one comes.

"Oh, come on." I say, walking up to the door and bang my fist on the door. It opens revealing a very freaking man. He looks me up and down before looking around and seeing Pope.

"You must be Pope." He says, pointing at him.

"Um... Are Mr. Limbrey?" Pope asks, timidly.

"Ms. Limbrey was expecting you yesterday." He says.

"Our car broke down in the middle of nowhere, because some people can't afford plane tickets, or planes." I say, smirking sarcastically. I didn't like this man, nor did I like his 'home security'.

"She expected you to come alone." The man says, ignoring my comment.

"My friends helped find the Royal Merchant as well." Pope says.

"The invitation was explicit. You're friends can wait outside." He says, looking at me with a sarcastic smirk. What an ass.

"We're kind of a package deal." JJ says.

"JJ. It's ok."

"We'll be right here, Pope." I say, nodding at him encouragingly.

"Keep the car running." he says, walking inside.

The three of us walk to the car and get in. "JJ, car on." I say.

"Look if Limbrey is legit-" Kie stops, looking over at something. "Does that look voluntary?" She asks.

"No." I say, watching Pope get dragged through the garden by the man. "JJ, go around the back. To the ally."

"Where did they go?" Kie asks.

"Maybe they went under ground. Like CHUD." JJ says.

"JJ. No way." I say. "That doesn't make sense."

"Wait!" Kie yells, pointing to an ally. I look down and see Pope wrestling with the man.