Chapter 9: Evidence

"They already thought I was dead. They're not going to find me for a while."

• • •

Hiyori skimmed through the documents and was still trying to digest all the information when Saigo and Kikuchi entered the room. She looked up only to see that the two are not only by themselves but Hiroto and Masaki were there along with Tsukumo and Kohaku.

"Hiyori?" Masaki asked as he breathed a sigh. She approached the girl and placed his hands on her shoulders. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"What the hell are you guys doing here?" she retorted and gasped when she saw Saigo was bleeding. "What happened?"

Kikuchi took out some medical supplies to patch the detective. His right shoulder was shot, he basically took the bullet that was meant for Hiroto.

"This is all the first aid we have. We already used the others earlier," Kikuchi said and glanced at Hiyori. Hiroto saw the exchange look of the two and then glanced at Hiyori with a frown on his face.

"That's good enough," Saigo told him.

"I'll be outside," Kikuchi said as he left the room.

"Hey, kid, did you read it?" Saigo asked as he glanced at the girl who was sitting on one of the chairs in the room.

"I did, but you need to further elaborate it," Hiyori said as she crossed her arms over her chest. Saigo stood up from his seat and walked toward the four men.

"Before you guys were born, there used to be a drug factory here," Saigo said as he placed his lighter in the middle of the red mark on the map. Hiyori walked closer to him as the girl glanced at the map.

"At the facility, a problem had occurred," Saigo explained.

"A problem?" Hiroto questioned as they all listened to the detective.

"There was a new useful but expensive drug that showed good effects. However, they had discovered that anyone who had too much of it would die within a year. In the end, the factory went bankrupt," Saigo told them. Hiyori furrowed her eyebrows as she looked down at the map that was placed on the table. "Then, the worst had come as the harmful substance from that drug was let loose in the ducts and it flowed into the water nearby."

"People caught onto the severity of the situation and decided to involve the police and fill the land covering everything up," Saigo was standing in front of the presentation that was shown on the wall.

Hiyori glanced at Masaki who sighed and shook his head. He turned around as he spoke, "Sensei, I don't need a social studies lesson right now."

"Same here, I wasn't listening at all," Tsukumo said as he was sitting lazily on one of the chairs.

"Geez, you guys are stupid," Hiyori mumbled and slammed her hands on the table gaining the attention of all the men in the room. "You guys don't care a shit even if this is something that happened in SWORD?"

The four men looked at her in curiosity, Saigo glanced at the girl and smirked.

"What do you mean by that?" Kohaku asked as he stood up.

Saigo walked towards the projector and the laptop that was presenting and clicked it. The map changed that was presented into the present map of the SWORD district.

"This is the current SWORD," Saigo told them as he threw a piece of rock on the table.

"That is the stone that Rude Boys mined for Kamizono Group without knowing," Saigo explained. "However, soon enough something else appeared."