Chapter 12: Final Battle Pt. 1

"I didn't believe them. I know you're not dead but that damn scared the hell out of me."

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

Rude Boys had decided to bury Smokey in Nameless Street.

The sun had already risen and Hiyori was still staring into space as she stared at Smokey's grave while standing on the corner beside her brothers. She pressed her lips into a thin line as she looked down at her feet with a sigh.

Hiyori hasn't known Smokey that longer. She just knows him from Yamato and Cobra's stories and she first met the leader of Rude Boys when she and Yamato went to Nameless Streets. After that was when she and Hiroto helped him in the coastal area.

"Hey, is it really fine like this? This place is going to explode soon," Masaki sighed as the two of them looked at Lala and the others.

"I'm telling you it's fine. To him, this is heaven," Hiroto replied.

Hiyori sighed as she walked towards Cobra. The girl stood beside him as they both stared into space.

"We can't ever give up," Takeshi said to his friends. Hiyori glanced in their direction and gave them a small nod.

The girl sighed into the chilly air.

"Cobra," Kohaku called. "Nothing will change if you stoop to their level."

"I already know that. I know, but..." Cobra trailed off and Hiyori can feel how much he felt like he was losing. "winning feels impossible. I can't only fight with a fist anymore."

"Kohaku-san," Cobra called as he turned to the older male. "How do we destroy Kuryu?"

Kohaku stared at him and then at Hiyori who nodded her head in determination.

They will continue their plan.

"We need the others for help," Hiyori stated.

"That's right," Kohaku nodded.

"Then we can discuss the plan," Masaki added with a nod.

Hiyori stared at Cobra who looked back at her. She gave him a small smile for comfort.

While they are waiting for the other guys to arrive, the girl sat down on one of the concrete blocks in there and looked down at her feet. She rubbed her wounded forearm with a sigh. The girl looked up when she felt the familiar blonde sitting down beside her.

He took out something from his pocket and showed it to the girl. Hiyori's mouth went agape as she stared at the object in his hands.

"How did you get that?" she asked. She was looking for it and then realized that she lost it in the house later on.

"After the fight with Doubt, Kuryu came. He threw this at my direction, practically telling me that you were killed," Cobra explained. Hiyori looked at him as she licked her lips in guilt.

"I'm sorry," she muttered and sadly looked at the love of her life.

"I didn't believe them. I know you're not dead but that damn scared the hell out of me," Cobra told her as the blonde turned his head on her side.

"I'm so sorry you had to feel like that. I was so careless, I'm sorry," she kept on apologizing until Cobra cupped both of her cheeks and leaned his forehead to hers.

"It's okay. What matters now is that you're here with me," Cobra whispered as he looked directly into her eyes.

Hiyori nodded as she leaned into his touch. The blonde then pressed a long kiss on her forehead.