Sensitive

A/N: First thing's first, welcome to my page! I'm glad I was able to capture your beautiful eye! I am going to say for this specific story, I wrote in 7th grade (yeah, a long time ago) I went over this again last year and went through it, fixing spelling mistakes and other things like that. Now I'll say this; I was a really rebellious kid so this story is mature. Anyway I hope you like it and the more stories to come!  

!Trigger warning! 

This story talks about the following: 

Self-harm, insomnia, and anxiety. There is also adult content near the end of the story (warning of where it starts looks like this * ). If any of these make you uncomfortable in anyway, feel free to skip to the next story. Love you all and stay safe <3

Lance POV

I've always felt useless. Growing up as the middle child in a big family made me invisible. I thought that that would change when I became a paladin of Voltron, but I feel like it's all the same. A little worse really. Everyone else in the team has been able to show a lot more value than me. Pidge and Hunk have gotten better at both piloting and their tech thing they do. Allura and Coran have been able to do their part with keeping the ship in order plus some other things. And then there's Shiro and Keith. Shiro has always been strong, and his leading skills are amazing. Keith is strong, kind of ignorant but he trains whenever we're not in battle. God he's just perfect. They're all perfect. Perfect for the team, and perfect for each other.

Then there's me.

The 18 year old laid back Cuban who likes to hit on girls for a living. The so-called "sharp shooter".

Invisible. That's what I am.

This feeling of not being acknowledged was eating me. So every night when everyone was asleep, I would go to the training deck. I learned the pattern of the sleep schedule a while ago since I haven't been able to sleep since we've been here in space, so for the 3-4 hours that I can, I train. I train hoping that I can learn to do something right so I won't feel invisible or useless anymore.

I was about half way through the 7th level when I hear a familiar voice call out, "End training sequence."

I turn around panting slightly, to see Keith looking angry as hell. He was wearing shorts and a black shirt that went down past his hips.

"Lance what the fuck are you doing up so late?" He started walking towards me.

"I uh-" I look away from him, not really knowing what to do or say.

"Lance do you know what fucking time it is?!" I looked back up at him

"Uhh, do any of us really know what time it is? I mean..." I move my arms up, shrugging slightly.

"Whatever. What are you doing?" He calmed down a little, rubbing one of his eyes. I look down, staring at my shoes before speaking.

"Did I do something wrong?" I looked up

"Lance, why would you think you did something wrong?" I looked back down again, only to see the floor was blurry.

Shit don't cry damn it. Not in front of Keith

I breathed in before making direct eye contact with the shorter boy in front of me.

"I'm sorry. You just looked so angry and I-"

"Lance, I'm not angry." Keith cut me off, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry." I stayed looking down, scared of what would happen if I looked up.

"Why are you sorry?" Keith put one of his hands under my chin, pulling my face up, forcing me to face him. "You didn't do anything wrong. I'm just worried."