- Intro 🧩.

"Ja stop please" the young girl screamed as tears ran down her face, her hands up shielding her face from the punches being thrown at her.

"Na, you wanna be a hoe right? Like I ain't see you and that nigga eye fucking each other" Ja said as he continuously threw punches at the girls face.

Each hit the punches grew stronger, he smacked the girl in her nose causing blood to splatter ja continued the beating until he heard Kaari, the pairs 4 month old daughters muffled cries.

"Considered your self lucky, now get yo bitch ass up and go see what's wrong with my daughter for I beat yo ass again."  Ja said as he bitterly chuckled,  looking at the damage he had done. "Bet you won't do no hoe shit no more."  He said walking out the house and slamming the door.

Ja, Lay'Lani, and Kaari had been out on a late night McDonald's trip, when ja had become jealous of one of the workers that kept eyeing Lay'Lani. He noticed the two kept exchanging eye contact which infuriated him

As he watched the two communicate with their eyes, he thought of all the ways he could hurt Lay'Lani. "Ima kill this bitch" he thought to his self as he smiled at Lay'Lani, and she smiled back as she feed Kaari a fry.

"Y'all ready to go?" Ja asked looking at his watch "it's starting to get late." He said grabbing Kaari out of the booster seat she was in.

"Yeah, let's go" Lay'Lani said grabbing her belongings, unknowable of the beating yet to come.

"It's okay stink, mommy's okay." Lay'Lani said as she comforted her daughter, trying her best to remain calm.

She was lost, what had she done to upset Ja? He had never put his hands on her before. She felt betrayed and broken. One of people that meant the world to her had just crushed that world into pieces, and she didn't know why.

She had enough. She'd stuck with ja even after he cheated with multiple women..she'd only stuck with him because she was all he had, she'd left all her family and friends back in Chicago. After her daddy died, her mother turned to drugs to cope with pain and started to beat on her and her younger brother andrew.

She'd grown sick of the abuse and finally decided to leave, she thought long and hard about the decision it meant she would have to leave everything she loved and was known to. Which meant including Drew :(. She dreaded that she would have to leave her brother to suffer alone, but decided when she turned 18 she would come back for him and sign to be his legal guardian.

Before she left, she bought drew a phone so she would be able to contact him and sent him money from time to time.

She heard soft snores knocking her out of her thoughts, she looked down seeing Kaari fast asleep. She gently placed the baby back into her crib and made her way into the small bathroom connected to the room.

She stepped in front of the mirror that hung above the sink and starred at herself in disgust. She looked horrible. Her right eye was black and a little swollen and her left one was puffy, she had small cuts and bruises all down her wrist and arms. She scanned over her body and stopped at her nose, it was a large gash that definitely would require stitches.

She grabbed one of the many wash cloths hanging on the rack and then turned on the shower placing the water at its hottest temperature.

She then removed her clothes and stepped in wincing as the water touched her skin, adjusting to the temperature. She took a long deep breath, she needed a Escape It was time for her to take her baby and leave AGAIN!

She'd left Chicago to get away from the pain and suffering just to come to Memphis and receive the same treatment.

"Look out Chicago, I'm coming back"

- bye, not ja beating our ass 😕, it's okay tho von finna come save us 🤞🏾.

- Sorry for any mistakes I didn't proof read 🫤..

- I feel so bad for making ja the bad person in this book ily baby, my 5th husband 🤞🏾.

- von pov next chapter 😏.

Until next chapter 🫡.
Rza out ✌🏾.