13

''You find that hard to believe? You've seen me without the mask. I'm totally hot.''

''So, this is their base?'' I asked Junpei. This was the abandoned building that I visited when exorcizing for the first time. Junpei nods as he reached out for my hand and begin to enter the building. 

To disable the collider, we must eliminate those who are stopping us from doing so. Our rival here is Geto, my teacher's ex-best friend or that's what I know for now. The drive was now with Junpei as suddenly a veil outside appeared. 

A curtain is a commonly used barrier technique that separates an area using a black force field that is imperceivable to outside observers. I gazed at Junpei as his expression mirrored with me. Guess, they already know we are here.  

We are now on the second floor as Junpei kept me close to him in case something happened. The ceiling was as dark as the state, walls are shattered and fragmented. I then noticed forcefully, the space where a window would have stood, where shattered, sharp remains of glass still lie, also. 

All of a sudden we heard the sound of someone strolling down the stairs from the third floor, above us. It was my new friend, Mahito. Confusion soon erupted over me as I begin to worry about why is he there. ''Hello there, Y/n!'' Mahito greeted me as he pulls up his hand and shifted it that becomes a weird one. 

No wonder he's always suspicious, it's because Mahito is a human-looking cursed spirit. Junpei turned his gaze on me as he quickly muttered, ''Y/n, you need to remember that Mahito here is a sadistic, immature cursed spirit who enjoys toying with human emotions.'' 

I was also told that he believes he was born for human transgressions and considers himself the very manifestation of humans' hatred of each other. As such, Mahito believes that humans should be extinguished and cursed spirits should rule in their place. 

Mahito's hands came to attack Junpei as I quickly rush to clasp into Junpei's body and shove him. To say that we are on the worst battlegrounds ever is true. Mahito's attacks are untamed and it's difficult to dodge them since we are inside the hallways.

I still have no idea how to activate my new ability 

So we formed a plan to lure him outside as Mahito started chasing us. We picked up our pace and started to run through the hallways trying to find a window. As bait, I'm the one who's going to take the impact as Mahito landed a gut kick that made me smash into the window that leads us outside. Afterward, Junpei came into the view from behind us and strike him with his shikigami. 

Shikigami conjuration is considered to be a type of cursed technique. Like the barrier techniques, sorcerers who do not possess enough intrinsic talent for their innate technique can summon simple shikigami. 

''That won't work. So long as I maintain the shape of my-'' Mahito didn't finish his sentence as a lot of gash of blood ran down his nose leads him confused. 

At the same time when I already landed, I pointed my web shooters at his body and did a roundhouse kick, landing straight on the side of his neck, making Mahito fall to the ground. ''Once we've both created an opening, we'll shower him with blows'' Junpei noted. 

Mahito was already set as his right hand transformed into some kind of blade that could stab the life out of any of us. Mahito raised his transfigured hand as my instinct felt that he was about to use his hands and backflip, in the middle of that hit, turns out I was right. 

Before he was about to land the strike, I moved out towards the side, wrapping my webs around his neck and slamming him down to the ground as Junpei started to give him endless charges. Not giving Mahito a moment to strike, I too gave him punches from the other side. 

There are no counters and we don't need any more tactics as we landed our final blow sent Mahito flew back. ''Is he down?'' I asked Junpei, turning around. 

Just as he was about to respond, A sword and a sworn oath were all it took for the world to stop moving. Mahito's transfigured blade thrust, straight through Junpei's heart. I screamed in horror as I sprint to him. The blade has drawn back from Junpei's body as Mahito started retreating from the scene he has created. ''Bye-bye!'' 

I sank to my knees as I held Junpei's body in my arms, firm, as blood spurt through his mouth like a river, his eye bloodshot red from holding back tears that is slowly forming in his very brown eyes. 

''I assure you Y/n, the sun will shine on us again.'' Junpei managed to utter as his hand tried to wipe all the tears that is falling from my eyes. 

The last thing he saw was you. 

I already made this decision to end this right here and right now hoping for a victory to consume but turns out I was wrong. The loss of him is like that of a limb, time may heal the anguish of the wound, but the loss cannot be repaired. 

When friendship leaves us through death, we feel cheated in life. Life doesn't play fair, so I vow to win the end game for us both.