1.ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ

Nobody tells you just how loud the sound of silence is

Nobody tells you just how loud the sound of silence is. At that moment, I felt like I could hear everything and nothing at the same time.

The whispers of "how could she do it" "she can never" rang through the place.
I could hear it all. Clearly. But the silence still lingering and the feeling of all the eyes on me made me weak in my knees.
I could hear myself screaming while I wasn't. I was just standing there, in front of a full class.

For anyone it was just a simple prize for a popular art competition that everyone wants to win once and I did, but for me, the fear that comes with standing there was a lot more profound.

I quitely accepted the prize and then took my seat.
The whispers after that turned too loud for me, even though they were still whispers.

I picked at the bracelet in my hand that I made last week for myself.
You know these bracelets that people gift their friends? Beads and all? I made that for myself.. really wanted one.

The day went awfully slow and the stares continued.
The sound of the bell ringing through the halls made me feel free to leave this cage like place immediately.
I wrapped my belongings in my bag and escaped as soon as possible.

Yes, escaped.

_ _ _

The silence welcomed me at home.
The house empty as always.
I entered my bedroom room and threw the bag on the bed, picking out a nice show to start as a background noise.
So that the silence doesn't consume me.

Sitting down on my desk I took out a paper and randomly started to scribble.

The drawing flourished and then turned into a long painting session.
My desk was situated right in front of the window, the slight golden rays touching my painting at the golden hour.

After completing the artwork which was a glowing night city view, I realised that it was actually night time.
Pushing myself off the seat I ran down in the kitchen.
Making quick toast for myself I fed my stomach which was begging me to eat.

The house was my comfort place still.
Somehow felt better alone in a empty place than in a place full of people.

Taking my phone and a jacket I made my way to the nearby cafe.

"Hey darling how are you! I didn't see you last week.." Aimy, the sweet elder owner, who felt like my grandma to me, said in a delightful tone.
"I was just busy with school assignments, nothing much" I gave her a smile and asked for my regular cake.

A- Have you eaten anything?, Aimy's voice came out concerned.
"Yeah. Ofcourse I have, don't worry."
A- you always say that but I know you haven't. Here, have this. It's on the house!
"Aimy why do you.. alright thank you"
I had to accept the pizza that she served when she reflected hurt in her eyes as I refused.
"It's not like I'm getting skinnier for you to worry about me.."
A- Don't you say that again.. it's not about being skinny. You need to fill the stomach to it's requirments. And if you don't then I will have to worry!"
I just showed her the love through my eyes and she patted my head, then went back to work.

I usually have problems with showing people how grateful I am through words.
So I try to show it through actions.

One day, when I was 10 years old..
The rain drenched me and I couldn't distinguish between the tears and the rainwater. The cupcake still in my hands all destroyed.
I stared at it, as if it will magically convert back to how it was.
"You stuff yourself with this. Do you want to become fat? At this point you'll become a pig soon!" They had said to me.
Aimy took the cupcake from my hands, and gave me a new one.
She said the same words as today.

After that, I always knew where to go when I wanted someone to talk to.
Someone who cared about me.

Saying good bye to her, I left the cafe putting my earphones back in my ears.
Made my way back home, binged Netflix till my eyes gave up and the day ended just like that.

One of the normal days.

My world was small, home, art, music, cafe, Aimy and some Netflix.

☾⋆⁺₊🎧✧

<><><>

A/N: I am rewriting this and will upload all the chapters one by one after editing.
I just thought it required a lot of changes..

Anyways I hope you like the rewised version.
You can show some love by voting and dropping a comment!

Thank you for reading :)