The Christmas Invation

I had gotten used to watching the Doctor run around the TARDIS console like a madman, but this was something I'd never seen before. He's running around talking to himself, too fast for me to even try to understand what he's saying.

While this new Doctor may be good looking, I think he's totally insane, and I'm a little scared of him at the moment. He's nothing like my Doctor. But he's still the same man, right?

As I sit in the jump seat, with my knees curled up under my chin, the Doctor finally stops his ranting, and looks over at me. The sad look he gets on his face, makes a pain take place in my chest.

"Right then, let's make a stop in London, shall we?" He says before he turns back to the console.

My heart lurches, "You're taking me home?" My knee fall from under my chin at the thought of him dropping me off there.

He looks over at me with a large smile, "Well, think of it as a Christmas present."

"You're taking me home for Christmas?" I say with a small chuckle, but it's abruptly cut off as the TARDIS lurches and sends me almost flying out of my seat.

I would have thought it impossible, but his driving seems to have gotten worse!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As Rose helps her mum set up the Christmas decorations, she can't help but think about how different it is without Lily around.

It seems so strange, the noticeable difference in her sister these days. Lily was never one to be loud, or to speak her mind, she kept to herself unless she could do something for Rose. She was quiet, and found her thrills through the books she always seems to have on her. There were times Rose had to literally bribe her with new books to even get her out of the house.

But now, with the Doctor, Lily seemed to have found her voice. She's not afraid to speak her mind, and comparing that to how she used to be, she seems, louder. She's always up for new adventures and seems to wake up excited. Her caring nature hasn't dissipated in the least, she feels for every creature she comes across, and always does whatever possible to help. And something Rose had never seen in her sister before, is the gleam of happiness that's always present in her eyes.

Without Lily in the flat now, it seems incredibly quiet, which would have never made sense for Rose to say before all of this happened to them.

As her mum looks down at a package meant for Lily, the sadness on her face is just a present as the happiness she knows her mum feels for Lily. They both knew that Lily was never truly happy, and it made them worry for her. But now, the happiness seems to roll off her in waves. And while she may not be in the safest of situations, neither of them would even entertain the thought, of trying to pull her away from it.

When the all too familiar wheezing of the TARDIS makes its way through the Tyler flat, they drop whatever they had in their hands and race out the door of the complex.

"Mickey!" Rose shouts as she notices him running in their direction, following the sound as well.

"Rose! Jackie, it's the TARDIS!" He yells as he makes his way towards them, searching the sky as he does.

"We know, we heard it, but where is it?" Rose asks as they spin in their spots, looking for the familiar blue box.

Suddenly, the TARDIS appears, it crashes into buildings and knocks over waist bins, and barely misses a car in its sporadic landing. Rose furrows her brows in confusion, the Doctor was never that bad of a driver, at least it never felt that bad on the inside.

When the doors fly open and a skinny man, a man who is not the Doctor, pops his head out, they all watch him in confusion.

"Here we are then. London, Earth, the Solar System- I did it!" He exclaims proudly as he stumbles out of the TARDIS. The door closes behind him as he realizes the three people standing there in confusion, "Rose! Jackie! Mickey! Blimey!" He smiles as he takes them in, before jerking back with a worried look on his face, "No, no, no, no, hold on. Wait there, what was I going to say?" He questions himself as he circles them, trying to think through his muddled new brain. "There was something I had to tell you- something important. What was it? No, hold on, hold on." He walks towards them again and leans on Rose and Jackie's shoulders, like standing takes up the brain space he needs to remember what he wanted to say. "Oh! I know! Merry Christmas!" He shouts before passing out, Mickey barely catches him before his head hits the ground.