Record Store

Miles

           I sat behind the counter of the record store. It wasn't very entertaining, to be honest. But it was better than him seeing me. According to my manager, he was a regular, so I couldn't scare him away. No matter how much I had hated him, I had to deal with him there. All I can do is rely on my co-worker, Jackie. If they weren't there, I would have killed myself at this rate.

           Jackie, how do I explain her? They're like, well I'll put it simply. We're the classic lesbian and gay duo. I like men, she likes women. I don't see how she does, and she doesn't see how I don't. But it's all good, she's the one I go to when I have a problem. And I'm the person she comes to when she has an accomplishment. We're inseparable.

          "Miles, you dumb fu-," they were cut off by the sound of CDs plopping on the counter, "oh, hey Kris, Kesha again I see?" Kris just scoffed, handing Jackie a twenty-dollar bill, and leaving. I stood up next to Jackie, rolling my eyes. "He's gross, I hate him," I announced. They stared at me, stifling a laugh. She turned their head to the door, "I think I know that, but you probably like him from what I know." That was the moment that had screwed up my entire life. But I had just shrugged it off, it surely didn't mean anything.