𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘~𝐓𝐖𝐎

Chapter 52

Chapter 52

"I think I'm quite dressed for the occasion," I told Sienna as I inspected myself in the mirror.

"You are. You look stunning babe," she kissed my cheek. I was dressed in a body-hugging silver satin dress that shimmered under the saturated hues of light, and it had thin clear straps and a deep V-neck. It had a slit that revealed my leg then the shimmering material pooled at my feet.

My straightened hair was up in a tight bun with silver accessories. My jewellery was themed silver and I had finished the outfit off with the costly diamond necklace that Yves had gotten me for my birthday.

We were currently in the ritzy bathrooms of the venue we were at. Yves, Aiden, Ryan, Charles Martinez and many other people we were close to were nominees for an awards ceremony and it was a party that was uniting all successful people around the world.

Sienna, Katerina and I had been taking endless selfies and videos of ourselves. Loud, modern music had been echoing in every part of the building, and we were taking a refresher in the bathroom. We were reapplying our makeup and perfumes, even though they were already so overbearing.

"I'll be posting this on my Instagram," I grinned after taking a mirror selfie with Sienna. Katerina was with Aiden because they were both Nicholson employees so they had to be close to Yves.

"You literally went from one hundred followers to ten million followers in a span of one month." She laughed heartily. It was true. Now that I was openly known as Yves' wife, I was famous again. Way more famous than I previously had been.

"I know. It's funny how I never knew him despite his level of fame." I shook my head slowly.

"Hahah, let's take a few more pictures then go back. I'm sure Yves is about to make a speech."

After we were done, we walked back to the massive, luxuriously set up hall with golden chairs and glass, crystalline tables. The podium was draped in rich black velvet and there was a hushed murmur from each of the attendees.

"Amazing! We have a few nominees for the most empowering, powerful woman of the year. May we have silence as we announce the candidates." The murmuring died down and I glanced at Sienna, who was holding my hand tightly.

"We have Zara Ardsley. Kate Winters. Lara Monet. And lastly, Tasha Ericsson."

"The voters' ballots have been counted and the winner has been determined. So this year's award for the most empowering, powerful woman of the year goes to... Lara Monét! For the fifth time in a row!" The whole room erupted into an applause.

"Unfortunately, she could not make it to the event, therefore, the award will be given to her manager, Olivia Thompson." I saw a beautiful woman emerge from the crowd and walked up to the podium to receive the award. The guy standing next to her already had so many of them in his arms. Lara was definitely a Queen. I truly admired everything about her.