𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣, 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓊𝑒

The 30th Of September 2029,
Silverstone, The British Grand Prix.

"Hernandez a few words?" The reporter inquires to my best friend since karting, as he jogs up to the driver in gold. A slight nod back was revived from the reporter.
"Rumours talk highly today as Sophie sits fairly comfortably on pole position. Crowds are setting off blush smoke bombs even before the race has yet to begin." An undertone humph is released into the microphone as Hernandez seems to not give a shit. " People are saying Sophie is going to be the first female Formula 1 driver to ever win a Grand Prix." A moment of silence stood between the driver and the reporter as neither decided to speak, and a cold blank and thoughtless stare was released from the 6,3 driver. "Can I get your thoughts on this?" Hernandez was quick to respond as he seemed to already know his response. "Sophie is too weak for this sport, you win some, you lose some and you wreck some and she will never win, she's not made for this sport." A shy and timid response was what seemed to come from the news reporter. "Thank you" came from the reporter's mouth a little after Leo Hernandez's words...

"It is lights out and away we go."
The five scarlet lights were out meaning all focus was on the race. Sophie's petite hand was coated with her white and rosey pink glove as she sensed her hand release from the clutch pedal that held her stationery and advance the right to the accelerator pedal. Gear 1,2,3, 4 to 5 and back down to 3 for the first right-hander. After surviving turn 1 a quick check to the left mirror to see Alexander who was in second position run out of talent about halfway through the first corner, Sophie knew it was only a matter of time till he was picked on and collected up by Leo Hernandez her personal favourite. Who started in P3. Sophie knew this circuit as if she had kept secret notes about Silverstone on the palm of her hand. Silverstone has never been a dangerous circuit that was unless you had no idea what you were doing. Sophie did think about death, she thought about it a lot. Someone was always telling her about death in motorsport and that's why death was never able to leave her mind, no thanks to her best friend two positions behind her. "Sophie, coming up on the old pit straight reaching about 197 mph" "she has had a very clean race so far with only 7 more laps to go" " could this be the first-ever win for a female Formula 1 driver?" The two famous known commentators spoke about her driving to the crowds that filled with over 150,000 people. Turning right onto the old pit straight her mind was blank not a single thought drove through her mind. That was before the adrenaline had kicked in. One thought only was on her mind. "Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Sophie had learned this saying from a very early age from a driver called Leo Hernandez.

"Sophie, this is your last lap of the race make it count, enjoy it Soph." the voice of her engineer Liam rang through her wired headset and into her ears.

" Sophie Carter, Number 15, only 20 years of age, comes across the line to finish first,claiming her first-ever Formula one victory and being the first-ever woman to win a Grand Prix ." " well done Sophie you deserve it!" The two voices of the commentators spoke with one another. Sophie had won. On the fifty-second lap of the British Grand Prix Sophie had crossed the line first. Sophie had pulled over to the side of the pits and looked to the right to see her Fuchsia Racing team pit crew hanging over the dusty grey rails and some leaning through the grey railed walls. Sophie heard no sound but saw a glimpse of their mouths open and their fists in the air cheering her on. " You did it, Sophie we're so proud of you" " Liam tell me what we just did please" Soph cried into the headset" You came first Sophie"" WE FUCKING CAME FIRST LIAM." Sophie never swears but she felt she could make an exception just this time. Soft whimpers and cries could be heard through the radio as Sophie started to cry as she was the first female in Formula 1 to become a race winner.

Sophie's mind was like online shopping for thoughts, each piece begging to be the centre of attention. Amidst each petite thought was one single lonely image which brought a glimpse of "Oh Shit" to her young innocent mind. "Frik Leo!"