This December | Eight

'''''''''''

LOOK AT THIS FANART I MADE- I'M SO PROUD OF IT ^ I worked really hard and really want you guys to look at my art book to see if I'm doing good so, please, check it out! <3

Anyway, remember to vote so I know you like the story <3

'''''''''''

"Hunter," You said. You bit into your apple and made a face. Something about school apples hit different...

Luz, Vee, Willow, and Gus were currently still in the lunch line, but you and Hunter already arrived at the table early.

Hunter's been acting off since this morning. You wondered what was wrong.

"What?" He asked. 

You offered him your orange juice. "Are you okay?"

He declined it, but said, "I'm fine, I'm just distracted." 

"What's on your mind?" You asked smiling.

Kissing you, apparently. He thought. He shook his head violently. "N...Nothing."

You looked at him, confused. "Are you sure?"

He looked down and bit in the grayish mac and cheese. "Yeah."

You shrug and looked at your lunch. You looked at your milk and sniffed it. It smelled bad.

  "Ugh, Hunter, could I have a sip of your water?"

He looked at you. "But I already drank out of it," He said. 

"I just want a small sip!"

He pressed his lips together before tossing the water bottle to you. You caught it and opened the cap. "Thanks bestie," You put it to your mouth and started drinking. 

He grabbed your wrists after a few seconds. "Alright, alright! That's it!" He said. "You said only a small sip!"

"I'm thirsty!" 

"Thirsty for some dick, I bet-"

You choked on the water your tried to swallow and have a coughing fit. You hit your chest, coughing as hard as you could.

He gently hit your back. "Are you okay?!" He asked panicked.

"WHY DID YOU SAY THAT!?" You yelled.

"A kid in class said it!" He said back nervously. 

"THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU SAY IT!"

"OKAY FINE-"

There was a soft sigh. "Sorry about that, Y/n. He's very impressionable." You both turn to see Luz holding her tray.

"No I'm not!" Hunter snapped. You closed the water bottle up and he took it. "Are you sure you're okay?" He asked looking at you.

"I'm fine, you caught me off guard."

They all sat on the table and you started talking to Willow. Luz grabbed his sleeve. "Why'd you give Y/n your water?!" She whispered.

Hunter frowned. "They were thirsty."

"Yeah, but...you just indirectly kissed."

"What?"

She sighed. "Your mouth was on the water bottle right?" Luz asked. 

"Yeah?"

She pointed at you, but you didn't notice. "And Y/n put their mouth on the water bottle after you, right?"

"Yeah?"

She facepalmed. "You know when people kiss, their lips touch and sometimes their spit or something?"

"...Yeah?"

"That's what Y/n and you did. Only indirectly. You indirectly kissed, dumbass,"

"...What...?!" He starts to panic. 

Luz slapped his arm. "Calm down or they'll notice! Listen, it's fine. It's not like they noticed!"

"But-"

"It's alright. Okay? Just calm down. Don't do it again unless you really want to..." She gave him a weird look before looking at her pizza. 

"Now that I know how it works, I won't do it again!" He hissed. He looked at his water before slowly opening it and drinking from it. 

"Hunter, what the heck?!" Luz whispered. "YOU DID IT AGAIN!"

"I'm thirsty and the milk is bad...plus, I don't have money to get another." He said frowning. "Besides, it's not like-"

"Hunter, can I have some more water?" You looked at him.

He looked at Luz confused who shrugged. 

"No, you took enough already," He said before grinning.

You thought for a minute. "Whatever, I think I have some money in my bag..." You trail off, grabbing your bag.

Hunter looked at his water. Huh. Weird. I feel...disappointed? Oh well. He started eating his lunch as you got up to get your own water.

"I got second hand embarrassment from that." Gus said in the silence. Hunter picked up his banana peel before  throwing it at Gus's face.

"Shut up!" He snapped.