Chapter 1

Why did we think having a toddler would be fun? Beau griped to Jenny as he chased after their errand two year old.

She huffed out a laugh, watching in amusement. Because you accidentally knocked me up and we decided that we could do this again?

Thanks for the reminder! Beau laughed as he finally caught their daughter.

And just why are you trying to flee bath time, Miss Penny? He asked his now crying daughter.

Down! She demanded.

Sorry, kiddo, not happening. You need a bath so you can be clean before bedtime. Jenny told her, dropping a kiss on the top of her head.

Penny's glare amused them both.

Let's go. Beau headed back towards the bathroom, ignoring Penny's complaints the entire way.

Jenny joined them a few minutes later, watching their daughter play around in the tub, splashing her father and laughing in delight. Once she was clean, clothed and put to bed, Beau sat down next to his wife on the couch. Glad she's in our life but man, toddlers are even more exhausting at this age.

Didn't I warn you when I got pregnant? Pregnancy in your forties is a real bitch, especially compared to the first time around. Longest nine months of her life - those last few weeks had dragged.

He smiled and kissed her. Am I going to have to thank you again for going through all that?

Maybe. You're lucky I love you, Beau Arlen.

Ah, thank you. Love you too, Jenny.

They had build a family together they were both pretty proud of. It felt pretty damn good.

Beau and Jenny tried to ignore their growing attraction towards each other but neither of them could deny their feelings for each other after a certain point. Thankfully, it had all worked out.