➽Chapter 42

"Hey Jason, how is he doing?" Meher asked Jason, Samay's roomate

Jason sighed, "He is sulking like a child who is denied chocolate, complaining about how unfair it is that his family is not going to attend his first concert. Are you sure, you wish to keep your visit a surprise?"

"Chill, he is an idiot. He'll be distracted by sudden anxiety of the first concert and you'll be free from his whining. Also yes, my visit needs to be a secret, I need to see the look on his face." Meher replied with a snile.

"I really don't understand why did you two get divorce when you care so much for each other, like he literally talks only about Mimi this, Mimi that. I am sure whole campus knows everything about you by now. Anyways, have a safe journey and I'll send driver to pick you up and he'll bring you directly to the venue." Jason replied before ending the call.

Well, it's been 5 months since Tanveer's death and the Chauhan family has finally found some peace. With Erisha's baby shower and Reyansh's first birthday planning, the mysterious letter of P. N. Sahu is long put aside much to Nalini's pleasure.

Adhyan and Revati are still learning about each other every day and making memories for all the time lost in the last two years. Vritika and Dishank are as always too much in love with each other, like a perfectly matched couple they are. Nalini's displeasure for Vritika has definitely reduced mostly due to P. N. Sahu's letter. Erisha is now trying her best to improve her mental health with therapy and her family's support.

The youngest Chauhan is happily graduating and going to have his first concert in London which happens to be on the same day as Meher and his wedding anniversary too.

Mimi, idhar aana jara!!” Vritika called her breaking her Samay thoughts.

Ha bhabhi bolo!” Meher said moving towards Vritika.

Vritika handed her some things and said, “Tripti chachi has given this. It contains Sam's favorite snacks. Also this is the list of things Revati bhabhi, Eri and I need from London.”

Meher collected the snacks and packed in her suitcase and put the list in her purse. “Bhabhi, I am going to out for some work and I have contacted the event planner for Erisha's godhbharai, she'll be visiting today.” Meher spoke to which Vritika nodded. Later Meher left.

✦✧✦✧

P. N. Sahu, the name might have slipped from Dishank and Vritika's mind but to Nalini, that name was always in her mind as if a reminder of the past, the past she thought had left them.

Sushila bhabhi, do you think I should tell Dishank about that person?” an anxious Nalini asked.

Sushila sighed knowing the overthinking that was going on in Nalini's mind and calmly said, “Nalini, Dishank is now an adult and obviously capable of understanding things much better than in the past. You should definitely tell everything to him.”

“But what if he distances himself from me? From everyone of us? He'll surely hate me and I don't think I'll be able to handle his hatred.” Nalini mumbled in a low voice which was unlike her.

Sushila just hugged her sister in law, “Nalini, he is mature enough to understand the situation and even if he gets angry or upset we will all be together in this. But he should know about this from you and no one else. Tell him before he finds out things from outside. Also, don't worry Vritika will definitely handle him even he distances himself from us. He'll not be harmed.”

Nalini knew her jethani was correct. She had to make up mind before it gets late.

✦✧✦✧

Mimi!!” Samay cribbed on the call.

Yes Sammy?” Meher teased.

Mimiiii, do you remember what's coming up?” Samay asked impatiently.

“Well yes, little Rey's birthday!!” Meher replied nonchalantly.

Meher Khurana!! Sachi you don't remember what is coming up?” an impatient Samay asked.

Obviously I remember Erisha's godhbharai too also my next movie's auditions.” Meher stifled a laugh. It had been years but teasing Samay about something still was the most fun thing for her.

Samay was on the verge of bursting but taking a deep breath he tried reminding her once again. He knows their wedding anniversary shouldn't hold any significance to both of them but the thought of her not remembering it, hurts Samay alot.

Meher, don't you remember what happened almost two years back?” Samay inquired.

Meher grinned and said, “Many things happened two years back! Vikrant happened, Ashley happened, ghar pe aag lagna! What are you talking about yaar?”

You really don't remember our wedding anniversary? I planned my first concert on that day too and you don't even remember! Jaa I am not talking to you!” Samay said in a huffed and disconnected the call.

Meher laughed and thought, “Obviously I remember our anniversary Sam! You just wait Samay Chauhan, you are going to get the best gift ever! But why am I excited for our anniversary if we have taken divorce and I don't have feelings for him?”

✦✧✦✧

Yes Adi bhai, I'll meet this new client! You can directly leave for home after the meeting with the Delhi's client .” Dishank answered his Adhyan bhai's call.

The Chauhan brothers were planning to complete all the work as soon as possible to be able to enjoy Reyansh's first birthday and Erisha's godhbharai.

Dishank was on the way to meet their new client Mr. Prakash  unknown to the storm that is waiting for him.

Dishank beta, come home early today. We need to talk.” read her mother's message.

Replying with an okay, he then called his driver.

Yes Mr Prakash, I'll be there by 8.” Dishank answered the call.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Guys I am back!
Sorry for not updating for long, it was because of wattpad glitches. My drafts weren't restored so it took quite some time to update.

Do vote, comment and share.

Love,
Writer!