Chapter 0: Where is Everybody?

It was a normal night. A group of friends went out during the afternoon and decided to chat in front of Marianne's house when it became night. After hours of talking it was 8 pm and was time to go home.  

As Chrizia, Angel and Nikki walk back as Marianne watched, they all felt a sudden chill in their spine. They all felt like something was watching them. No, no it wasn't Marianne though. It seemed... Dangerous. Unsettling they said. 

"Marianneeeeeeeee!" Nikki ran back shouting her name out in a saddening tone. "Can I stay a bit longer? It's so dark and I'm starting to get scared </3" Marianne looked at her with worried eyes. "I can ask Angel to walk you home? I'd get in trouble if I go too far." Marianne ensured Nikki as she called Angel to come back and walk Nikki home. "Sure, come on Nikki." Said Angel to a creeped-out Nikki. 

After Angel walked Nikki back home, she saw Chrizia running toward her. "Angel! I know this is weird but there's no one in my house! They were just there telling me to go home!" Chrizia told to Angel, panting. "What?" Angel replied confused. While saying that, Nikki got out of her gate looking concerned. "I heard what you said just now. My family isn't here either. I'm sure my family just went out while I was gone, but hearing what you said, I'm concerned for you at the moment. Should we ask a neighbor if they know anything?" Nikki suggested. 

"Guys! My family isn't here either. Everything is still here except for them. They were just here. I literally saw my little sister disappear in front of me! Gone! Just like thin air!" Marianne yelled out, gasping for air as she just ran. The group of friends looked at each other in fear. Nikki's done with the situation and goes to a close neighbor's house. She knocks again and again. "HELLO? WE REALLY NEED HELP WITH SOMETHING" She yelled out in a shaking, nervous voice. Chrizia took out her phone and started texting her family asking where they are. Angel ran to her house to check on anybody. Everyone was gone. It seemed like every living thing in their neighborhood just disappeared. Not only humans, but dogs, cats, fish even. 

Nikki and Angel went around looking for people while Marianne and Chrizia were calling for help or texting people.

After an hour of searching. They found... nothing. Everything was the same, the store lights were open, the parked bike was there, the people's cars were there... But the people weren't. At this point, everyone was worried. At first Nikki wasn't since her parents probably just went somewhere, but after the search, she realized that her dogs weren't there. None of their pets were present actually. 

All four then decided to just talk about the situation. "Okay but hear me out, I know that this kind of thing never happens, like never never happens. But it might be a possibility that everyone just left?" Nikki said to them in an unsure voice. "That doesn't make sense. It was just me and my sister at our house, she was just beside me then I turned to her, she was gone. I felt her pulling onto my dress until that exact moment." Marianne replied. 

They all decided to stay together until their family looks for them, they stayed in Nikki's house. Even though they were already scared, they had an even worse feeling. It was so unsettling that they just couldn't handle it. Something was watching them, something dangerous.