The Cross

I wake up to my phone ringing. Of course I did. I groan and lift up my head to see who was calling me. Brodie. I pick up my phone and place it to my ear after answering.

"Hello?" I ask, my voice croaking.

"Hey! How are you? You ran off after the rampage broke out. Are you ok?" he asks.

"Oh, um, yeah I'm ok. Are you?" I ask, sitting up.

"Yeah! Um I just needed to know that you were alive and shit." he laughs.

"Alive and well." I laugh.

"Ok, well I gotta go. But uh have a good time, wherever you are."

"Ok. Bye." I say, hanging up.

"Add that to the list of things we need to save up for in the house

"Add that to the list of things we need to save up for in the house." JB says, laughing with me.

"Please! If we had a list we wouldn't be able to see the end." Kie adds, making us laugh even more.

"Starting with your bed, John B." I say, laughing at the memory.

"That wasn't my fault!" He defends.

"Pretty sure it was, dude." JJ says, smiling.

"Um, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't I tell you both that jumping on his bed was a bad idea?" I say, crossing my arms.

"It was our first time drunk!" JB defended.

"Doesn't mean you jump on your bed like a maniac!" I say, laughing.

"Well, what about the time when you got drunk and climbed the tree an-" JJ's cut off by me leaping forward and putting my hand over his mouth.

"Lets save that for another time." I say.

"Well, what about the time you got high and took The Pogue out for a joy ride when you didn't even know how to drive it." John B says.

"It wasn't that bad." I defend sitting back down and pulling my blanket back over my legs.

"I had to swim out in the middle of the marsh to get you." JJ says. "You were sobbing on the floor, when I found you." He adds, making everyone laugh.

"Ha ha. Make fun of jade, right?" I say, throwing a pillow at them all.

Our laughing is cut short when the porch door opens revealing Sarah. "Well, hello there princess." JJ says.

"Shouldn't you be on Figure 8 with all your polo players?" JB asks, earning a kick in the shin from me.

"We're just friends." She says.

"You have a lot of friends, Sarah Cameron." JB says.

"Yeah, it seems like you do too." Sarah says.

"All right what are you doing here?" JB asks, getting out of his seat.