This December | Nine

1 month later

"Luz, I think Y/n should know...what we are." Hunter said. "We should tell them."

Luz looked at him. "Willow, Gus, and Vee think so too. We were just waiting until you felt comfortable. Do you want to tell them by yourself, or together?"

"I want to tell them alone. Okay?"

Luz smiled. "Okay. Can you explain the situation we're in right now too? About Amity and the Boiling Isles?"

"Yeah. Yeah, of course." Hunter nodded. "What if...What if Y/n ends up finding us repulsive..?"

Luz touched his shoulder. "Y/n isn't like that. If they were, I wouldn't have introduced you guys to them." She said, "When are you going to tell them?"

"Today, after school. Y/n invited to me over so we can do our history homework..." He looked down. "I'm nervous..."

"If they hurt you, I'll beat them up, okay?" Luz said.

"Okay."

|Y/n's room: 2:56 PM

"You're staring again." You said while sitting on your bed, going through youtube so you and Hunter could do your history homework together. You had to find a certain a documentary your teachers assigned.

Hunter jumped. "Oh- I'm sorry." He murmured. 

You laughed. "It's okay." You said before turning back to your computer. Two minutes later, you felt someone looking at you. 

You looked at Hunter. His magenta eyes were on you. "Alright, Hunter, why do you keep looking at me?" You asked shutting your computer. 

He looked away. "No reason. I just. I'm thinking."

"About what?"

"You." 

You looked at him quickly. He seemed to realize what he said. "What?" You asked. "Why me?"

He looked at you. There's no taking it back now. "Are you going to be my friend even if...I'm different from you?" He asked.

You frown. "Yeah? But you're not different from me, though? Other than coming from somewhere foreign, we actually have a lot in common." 

You started opening your computer.  He stopped you by putting his hand on your computer top. "We don't..." He said. 

"What do you mean?" You asked. You smiled, thinking he was joking. "You're sixteen, I'm sixteen, you like Amphibia, I like Amphibia, you like minecraft, I like minecraft." You laughed and said jokingly, "You're human, I'm human," 

Hunter looked down before up at you. "I'm...I'm not though."

"Hunter, stop kidding. We have to do homework."

He glared at the computer. "Y/n...have you ever wondered why I always wear these headphones on my ears?" He asked quietly. 

You looked at him, not taking him seriously. "Not really, no. Willow and Gus hide their ears. I'm guessing it's some sort of tradition you have to do, or just don't feel like showing your ears."

He frowned at you and you smiled. He squeezed his eyes shut before taking of his headphones slowly. Your eyes follow his hands.

Your eyes land on a pair of pointed ears. One chipped. You widen your eyes before chuckling. "Wow, Hunter. I didn't know you were into cosplay. Is that store bought or..."

 Hunter grabbed your hand and gently pulled it to the tip of his chipped ear. You felt it. It didn't feel plastic or fake. 

You touched it, swiping your thumb on the anthelix. He shivered slightly before pulling your hand away. "Please don't do that..." He said quietly. "It feels weird..."

You stared at him. "Those...are real?" You confirm. 

He nodded once, looking at you. "Yes." He said. 

"Do Willow and...?"

Hunter nodded again. "Yeah. Except Vee, Willow and Gus have the same ears. We're...We're witches."

"Witches?"

"Yeah. We don't come from this world. We come from another realm. The Demon Realm." He sighed, tears springing to his eyes. "I understand if you find us weird. We're real witches and..."

You moved to sit next to him and touched his face. You brushed his tears away. "Why in the world are you crying?" You asked, panicking, but laughing nervously. "You're from a different realm? Like Anne from Amphibia? It's cool! Why are you crying?"

"I thought you'd find us disgusting!" He said laughing too, though tears kept falling. You laughed pulling him in a hug. 

"Is this what you meant by the 'Are you going to be my friend even if I'm different from you?' question?" You asked. "Hunter, I find it cool! If anyone tries to hurt you cause of it, I'll beat them up!"

He laughed covering his face in one hand, the tears not stopping. "Oh my titan," He said in a strange voice.

"Hunter?"

"Normal people would find us weird and repulsive!" He said quietly. "But you don't."

He looked at you, smiling. His eyes glossy, and his face wet, he said, "I love you so much..."