jasper hale.

To Jasper Hale,

I know this seems a little random and silly to do, but maybe it can be worthwhile to you. I'm sure nothing about this really makes sense. Alice promised me she'd give this to you, and I trust her, especially after everything. You don't really understand what that means, and it's okay. Alice and I talked about this and I think I understand. Hopefully, some of this will seem familiar to you. Even as I write this, every second feels like yesterday and a lifetime ago. It always feels like that with you.

Jasper, you and I met in school. I'm sure that's not a big surprise. Do know what you first asked me? You said, "Your shirt is inside out, did you know that?" You looked like I had committed the world's worst sin, and the rest of the day I thought you hated me. Until Alice dragged us bowling. And I heard you laugh for the first time when I slipped and almost busted my ass. Everything after that seemed so surreal. The nights we spent on my roof felt like fever dreams, and when you showed me everything, I couldn't help but wonder if it really was a dream. Even sitting here, I can't help but really wonder how we got so screwed.

You were right. If God does exist, he hates us. With everything that's happened, it's the only explanation I can think of.

I know it's selfish to hope maybe this letter will help anything, maybe you are better off just not knowing. But some part of me hopes, that maybe something will come out of this and I won't be a forgotten memory. This is a letter of how we met, Jasper Hale. This is everything we've been through, and everything we could have been through.

-T