I

"Do you need a hand, mon chéri?"

I turn my head to the voice source. Oh, it's him. He looks so good in that dark-bluish suit along with the coat over his shoulders. He even also put on some chain-like accessories on his chest. A perfect one for a masquerade ball, honestly.

"Yes please," I answered.

I can see him unzipping my halter neck gown as I watch him through the mirror in front of me. While laughing shyly, I stopped him. "Up, Vincent," I said. He chuckles in response. He ends up pulling it up and after that, he kisses me on my cheek.

"You look beautiful." He took my right hand and kisses the back of my hand gently. "I will not let anyone else have a dance with my wife."

---

Almost nothing is as expected.

As soon as we enter the ballroom, Vincent is getting a bunch of people approaching him and asking many kinds of questions. I can clearly feel how upset he is but still manages to smile and perfectly answers them. As soon as the music is about to start, Vincent quickly excuses himself to have a dance with me.

"Mon chéri. Would you like to-"

"Yes, let's go." I didn't let him to even finish his words, I know how badly he wants to get away from those people. I just immediately grab his hand which was asking for my hand.

"Haha. You know me well, mon amour."

He escorts me to the dance floor by his hand. Soon enough, we arrived, smiled and bowed to each other, and let ourselves fall deep into our own world as we dance with grace and courtesy. Conversations aren't usually allowed in this situation, but we decided to ignore them.

"Such a great dancer you are."

"You're better, Vincent."

As we talk about small casual things, I can see what a great leader he is by how decisive his movement is. We both are aware of our partner's comfort and skill level, and none of us made any mistakes. At the end of the dance, we once again bow to thank our partner and Vincent walks me off the dance floor.

I went to grab a glass of drink. But my eyes caught someone as I paused.

A man in a slightly similar outfit as Vincent, but in a red color tone. Unlike me and Vincent who wears a Colombia mask, he wears a Volto mask that covers almost his whole face. But even with it, I can see how similar he looks to my husband.

Who... is he?

Vincent doesn't seem to notice him yet, he's being surrounded again already. The man with the Volto mask approaches me in a very steady motion, with a calm and gentle tone he greets me as he asks for my hand to kiss it.

"Bonjour, mademoiselle."

He also speaks French. Is he Vincent's relative?

"Bonjour," I answer politely. "May I know who you are, monsieur?"

"Apologizes for the sudden approach. Name's Francis Fabron."

... Oh. A brother? Could even be his twin. Why didn't I know about this? But most importantly, he shows up when Vincent is not beside me, I must be careful. I have no clue of whatever plan he has in his head. I mean, even Vincent's mind is quite hard to read most of the time, so this man with his face covered would be really challenging.

"Do you need something?"

He nods as he lends out his hand, asking for mine. "May I have the opportunity to have a dance with you, my lady?"

Already? I just finished the first wave, should I go for the second round? And with him? I look around, this place is well guarded and there's no way such an incident could happen just like that. So I accept his offer, reach for his hand, and walk with him to the dance floor.