𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘~𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Chapter 58

Chapter 58

Sometime later...

Ocean was nearly three and I was such a proud mother. He was learning how to enhance his speaking as well and my heart melted each time he said a full sentence. He was highly intelligent and it showed. All thanks to his father.

Speaking of Yves, he had been a very happy man for the past few months, mainly because I was indeed, pregnant for the second time. And I was equally thrilled.

We had found out when Yves had gotten me over five pregnancy test kits, staying home the whole day so that he could comfort me and help me throughout the entire process.

I remember peeing on the sticks and nervously yet patiently waiting for the results with my husband holding my hand by the side. He had more unsettled than I, checking the gadget every second and huffing every time there was no result.

Eventually, the time for the results to show came and he did the honours of checking them first. His cheer had been my first signal that it was a positive result, preceeded by his warm and tight embrace around me right after. It had been one of the happiest moments for us as young parents.

"I love you so much Isla, I don't believe this- you have no idea how proud I am to have you as my wife. I love you." I reminisced how he had kissed me repeatedly, murmuring so many romantic affirmations into my ear.

Travel back to the current moment, we were supposed to be going to the clinic for my nerve-wracking appointment with Dr. McCain in a few moments. The pregnancy was four months old now.

The last time I had visited him, he convinced me all was well and that this time I had to take it quite easy with the exercise. He was highly convinced that this baby was going to need more energy than Ocean.

Instead, he had given me more yoga tips on relaxation methods to maintain my peace of mind and reduce stress levels for the sake of the baby's health.

I loved how Ocean would run into my bedroom first thing in the morning and jump on the bed to rub and touch my small, developing belly. We had told him a few weeks ago and since then, he hasn't stopped kissing the bump or attempting to talk to the developing baby.

We hadn't seen Katerina, Aiden or Sienna in so many months, mainly because they were still in Dubai. Sienna had been dead serious about staying there for some time before she returned to Singapore, and both Aiden and Katerina decided to emulate that.

Yves and I had decided to keep my second pregnancy a secret so that we'd surprise them again. Sienna and I had regular calls, telling each other about how much we missed each other or what we had done that day. She seemed to be very happy in Dubai and she had evidently gained a beautiful tan.

"There's my adorable baby, how are you Oshy-Woshy?" I cooed as my son ran across the living room to where I was, behind the kitchen counter.

"Mommy! I find you!" He grinned widely, his developed milk teeth showing in the process.