Prologue

All rights belong to J.K. Rowling
————————————————

Sirius Black was a 16 year old wizard. he was tall, with pale skin and black hair that fell elegantly to just below his chin. He had eyes the color of liquid mercury.
The summer before his 5th year, he had run away from his suppressing pureblood supremacist family. He had found himself on the doorstep of his brother in all but blood. James Potter was a boy with a natural tan, untamable black hair and mischievous hazel eyes hidden behind a pair of black framed glasses. James's parents, Fleamont and Euphemia Potter, had taken Sirius in without question or hesitation.

That summer, the young Black had met a muggle girl in the town close to where the Potter's lived. They had fun together during the summer, he just hadn't expected for her to become pregnant. Or for her to say that she wanted nothing to do with the child once it was born. So as he sat on the express headed for Hogwarts, his head was swimming, until finally he decided that a baby couldn't be that big of a deal... right?

March 5th 1976 was the day Fleamont Potter floo called Professor McGonnogal and said that Sirius had to come through because the mother of his child had gone into labor. And as Sirius sat in the muggle hospital room, with his newborn daughter in his arms, he couldn't help but feel like his entire world had shifted. James Potter, who had quietly entered the room, observed his friend for a few moments. "I thought you said it was just a baby?" He had said knowingly with a soft smile on his face. "Yeah.." Sirius muttered, "but she's my baby." He continued softly as he looked lovingly down at his daughter.

Raising a child as a single parent whilst still going to school was difficult. Luckily Sirius had plenty of help. Once he graduated he had gotten a two bedroom apartment, thanks to the gold his uncle Alphard had left him, and him and his daughter, Davina James Black, was a happy little family of 2.

1980 soon came around and with it came Davina's baby cousin, James and Lily's son. They had wanted to name him Harry, but due to Davina winning a bet against James once upon a time, the prize she wanted was the right to name her first cousin. She had first decided on the name Elvendork but luckily they had managed to talk the four year old out of it and she named him Elijah instead.
Davina loved her cousin and played with him all the time. Then came the time when the Potters went into hiding.

October 31st 1981
Sirius Black had been having a bad feeling all day, like he knew something was going to go wrong he just couldn't put his finger on what. Once he and Davina had gotten back home after trick or treating, she had decided to go as a werewolf (declaring that she wanted to dress up as uncle Moony), he decided to check on the Potters. As Sirius got his daughter ready for bed, he had told her he would be right back. But he never did come back.
The next morning an auror from the ministry was in the living room of their apartment when Davina woke up. He told her to pack all her things because she would live somewhere else now. Davina, being as stubborn and headstrong as her father, refused to move an inch until he told her why. He told her that her father had betrayed the Potters to You-Know-Who, that James and Lily were dead and that Elijah had been sent to live with relatives on his mothers side, and that they were sending her father to Azkaban prison. Of course she knew her father didn't betray Prongs and Flower, but who would believe a five year old child. Later that day she had been dropped off at an orphanage, where she would live until she got her school letter.