Chapter 8

8 | Percy's quest

The next morning, I was alone in cabin 8. Weirdly enough, there were actually a lot of beds and furniture layi-ng around. Which surprised me, since Percy didn't have anything inside of cabin 3.

The cabin was pretty big. With bunk beds tucked in the corners, a small desk in the middle of the floor. It even had some plants hanging on the walls and a stand with a stuffed deer head hanging, on the wall opposite to the door.

I didn't have to share anything with anyone, at all. I had my own free cabin, my own dinner table. I could choose any activities I wanted to. I could even hit “light's out” whenever I wished. It was great.

But I was completely sulking.

Just when I felt like I had a real family for once in cabin 11, I was casted out. Like Artemis had left me in Hive again.

No one talked about the hellhounds, but I was sure they did whenever I wasn't around. The two things they discovered with that: uno, that I was the first born kid of Artemis and that Percy was the son of Poseidon: and dos, monsters would budge at nothing if it meant getting me or Percy slain. Even invading the safe camp that had a magical protection, which everyone trusted in.

The other cabins seemed way too shooken up to actually form a couple of courage to fight against both me, and Percy after the display with the five Ares's kids. The last resort was surely going one-on-one against each other. Neither of us could actually handle fighting Luke for more than .5 seconds before he won over us, and we'd never learn anything from him like that.

Annabeth still taught us Greek in the mornings, but she seemed distracted. Every time I said something, she scowled, like I had just killed her dog.

After lessons, she would walk away muttering to herself: "Quest ... Artemis? ... Dirty rotten ... Got to make a plan ..."

Everytime I met Clarisse she looked like she wanted to put me on a pike and switch that old boar head with mine. But even she kept a consi-derable amount of distance, only thing was the pure hatred filled glares she'd give me. After getting so used to Hive's loud usual days, even fighting everyday would be better than being completely ignored like this.

But at least I had a good thing–kinda... Okay, it was terrible.

I found some regular newspaper on the desk in the middle of my cabin one day, the normal New York Daily News, it was open on a set page already.

ORPHAN KIDS GO MISSING: (Y/N) (L/N) AND ZAAK GULEVARD

CAR ACCIDENT, OR MORE?

BY ELEANOR WHITE

The two kids from Hive Institute For Disturbed Kids in Brooklyn have still been missing after a week of searches. The Bugatti Veyron the two were last saw entering in, was found on a distant road at north Long Island last friday, completely smashed into a small cube of rubble.

The two kids were seen going off from the orphanage 2 hours earlier than the car had been found. There was no blood or any kind of signal the two had been in the car after being spotted. Residents in the rural area reported seeing nothing unusual around the time of the accident.

The director of the Hive institute declares: (y/n) was always the loudest kit in the adoption box, he was always messing around and having fun with Zaak. He always got in trouble because of that.

Police would not say whether or not (y/n) is a suspect in the disap-pearing of Zaak and his own. Below are some recent pictures taken of (y/n) (l/n) and Zaak Gulevard. Please contact the police if you spot them wherever you are.