Don't Scream

My first short storey on Wattpad! Hope you like it! Xx

Crunch, crunch, crunch.

That is all I can hear as my feet trample on the fallen autumn leaves. The occasional whistle of the wind running through the forest interrupts the steady beat. I look all around as the moon casts shadows of the leaves above my head onto the woodland floor, all I can see is endless corridors of tree trunks, stood to attention like soldiers. I look to my left, my right, but everywhere looks the same.

I decide to carry on going straight ahead. I would say I'm lost, but I didn't have anywhere I wanted to go; I just knew I had to get away. I had to get away from all of the fighting, the crying, the stress, the pain, and the ghostly shadow that my brother had left behind. The memories written on the walls were too much, simple things like sitting at the breakfast table without him would cause the tears to spill.

A rustle in the bushes behind, snapped me out of my thoughts. My heart starting hammering in my chest, what if it's a murderer? Nobody would hear my scream or cry for help! I snapped my head around to find the source of the noise, only to just a fox standing staring at me before scurrying off into the shadows. I almost laughed at myself for getting so scared about a fox! After my heart had gone back down to normal rate, I carried on walking.

After a short while of walking, I felt like I was being watched; like a pair of eyes were following me through the forest. Then I start to hear footsteps, going at the same pace as mine. I don't want to turn around, so I just keep walking. I wipe my sweaty palms on my jeans and let out a jagged breathe. 'I am not scared' I tell myself.

I.Am.Not.Scared.

I hear the footsteps behind me pick up pace, and so do I. Before I know it I'm running as fast as the wind, jumping over tree roots that are trying to trip me up. All of a sudden I am ripped out of my thoughts as a weight comes crashing down on my back, and pushes me to the floor. The person turns me around, whilst still on top of me. Their icy cold breathe snakes its way around my neck and sends shivers down my spine.

That's when I see who has been chasing me this whole time, I look into his ice cold eyes and notice the scars littering his pale features. I try to call out for help but my throat feels too dry. He pulls a syringe out of his pocket and brings it to my neck. I feel a short sharp pain as it pierces through my skin, the cold liquid travels around my veins. I feel numb and then.....Darkness.

When I next open my eyes my head feels heavy and my vision is blurred. I try to move but I find my arms and ankles tied to the chair I'm sitting on. The room I am in is dark and grey with cobwebs hanging from the ceiling. I see the man that took me walk into the room, I open my mouth and try to call for help, but my voice fails me.

"Hello little girl" his deep voice rumbles through the small space and rattles my bones. He comes behind me and before I know what's going on he puts his arm around my shoulders and yanks me back. The chair only balancing on its two back legs now. I look up into his soulless eyes, he smiles showing off abnormally large spikey teeth. He moves my head to the side about to bite into my flesh when he says,

"Don't Scream."