Ruby Elizabeth Anderson [VERY ROUGH DRAFT]

Hello everyone! So this is the story of Ruby Elizabeth Anderson written as a very rough draft. The point of writing this was to get an idea down and NOT to be good at all. I just wanted to show you guys what I pictured in my head and hear any recommendations or ideas anyone had. Eventually, I will write a rough draft and a final copy and post it here, but that is a while away. Please remember that this was not meant to be very good at all, it will look like a little kid wrote it. This is just the beginning of the lengthy writing process. Please also ignore any grammatical errors as well (THERE ARE A LOT OF THEM). Also, there are two different endings that I wrote, decide which one you like best! So with that being said, here is Ruby's Story.  

TW! Physical Abuse, Bullying, Torture, Severe Neglect, etc. 

Ruby's eyes fluttered open as she looked around. She was surrounded by rubber. Ruby was in a padded room. Eventually, they took her out of the room and ruby went back to her room. It was a simple room with a bed and a window. She would sit down on the bed and stare at the floor. Ruby had encountered endless different treatments such as electroshock therapy and other horrific 'treatments'. Other patients had already gone to bed so ruby did too. She couldn't remember much about anything to do with being here. This was due to the electroshock therapy she received.

The next morning ruby followed her routine as usual. When it was time for treatment, however, she was forced to lay down and receive a sedative injection, which would keep her asleep while she spent the next few weeks in confinement.

Ruby was locked in a closet. She was a lot smaller than she remembered being. She barely remembered this closet to be the closet she was often locked in, in her mom's house. Outside she could hear her mother mumbling to herself. How long had she been in here? Hours? Days? She hadn't a clue. She itched her head. All she knew was that she was hungry. Ruby looked down and began to count her ribs. One..two..three...

"Ruby the retard! Ruby the retard!" The girls chanted in ruby's face. She doesn't remember what she did, or if she even spoke at all. She was watching all of this from 3rd person, except she couldn't see herself. Ruby went into the dorms where she stopped at her bunk with a wooden bed frame. Carved in it with someone's fingernails was "Ruby the retard."

She was back to being little. Too little to reach the counters with food. So hungry...She picked up the food that her mother had dropped from the floor and shoved it in her mouth. Ruby itched her head, and the mats in her head caused her to have to dig her nails in her head just for the itch to go away. She was in her mom's house again. It was small, there was no heater nor any air conditioning. It was a hot day, the windows were wide open along with the door. The sun shone brightly on little Ruby's eyes. She wandered outside.

Ruby was sitting in a classroom. A book with a cross on it was open in front of her. The desk creaked as she fidgeted. Too many noises. Too many people. Whispering, giggling, the sound of pencils writing, the sound of writing on a chalkboard. She covered her ears and shut her eyes. The next thing she knew she was being dragged to the front of the classroom.

"This is what happens to children who don't listen to directions." The teacher announced to the class. A few kids snickered in the back. "Hold out your hands." The teacher held out a ruler. Ruby shook her head and she was smacked on the arm. The teacher grabbed her arm and forcefully held her hand out. Ruby was used to what happened next. She often got something worse, the Kane. Although it still hurt, being beat was nothing new.

She was in a car this time, back to being small. She had never been in one before. Ruby itched her head. Once they were out the officer opened the door and grabbed her hand. Ruby didn't like having her handheld, but the officer wouldn't let go. She whined as she was brought in front of a building that towered over the small girl. "Bright Smiles Orphan Home," Read the shiny plate nailed to the wall. The officer knocked three times and a stern-looking woman opened the door. Ruby didn't pay any attention to the conversation, she simply looked down at her socks. Then, her hand was grabbed by the Stern-looking Woman and the door was slammed shut behind the two as they walked inside.

"Ready? Charging in one two three.." Ruby felt a jolt coursing through her bones, she was shaking vigorously. "Again." Another jolt sent ruby into another fit. Ruby heard started to go too fast. Her chest burned with agony. She wouldn't stop. And then suddenly everything went black.

ENDING ONE

Upon waking back up a ghost ruby floated away into the woods, leaving her body behind to be buried. As she progressed through the woods Ruby slowly became back to what looked like a human. The only difference, she would realize over time, is that when she dies she would simply come back as though she were waking up from a night's rest. Ruby was never seen again.

ENDING TWO

Upon waking back up as a ghost ruby looked around puzzled. She saw her doctor and a burning rage filled her as he happily hummed, putting her file away in a locked container. She go and follow him home, where the doctor lived alone. In the background, the rodeo played music. Ruby listened to it as she broke his legs and arms and dumped water on him while dragging him over to the radio. She then took the radio that was plugged in and put it on the man. The radio swapped songs frantically and started to glitch. Ruby would add more water and watched him struggle as he was electrocuted and caught fire. The whole house burned down as she left. Ruby went into the woods, though as she ventured further and further away from where she died ruby realized that her powers as a ghost were slipping away. Ruby went into a forever human form. She would soon learn that when she dies she would simply come ack as if waking up from a night's rest. You see, ruby could never really go away. She will always be around to take revenge on those who deserve it.