↳ ❝ [𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐢𝐦] ¡! ❞

"Y/n!" Fushiguro called to her from where he was up on the bird as his face showed what appeared to be true horror. Her body looked as if itd been bruised from all of the slamming that the curse had done and her eyes were closed shut. "Megumi...?" She asked weakly, unable to say anything else.

She seemed to be in a lot of pain and Megumi's heart ached with guilt. Guilt that he hadnt begun to feel until now. His green eyes were reflective of the colors of the nighttime as red and green fogged floated throughout the air around them. 

"Are you okay?!" He tried to hide the shakiness in his voice but even that, he couldn't conceal. "I-, Im going to get you to safety.  I'll-I'll get Gojo sensei!" Megumi was white in the face and his heart hammered immensely as he knew that it'd be hard to make her feel reassured when even he knew...her chances of healing up was very very slim. 

"Can you move?" Megumi sounded as if he was pleading with her to do so.  To at least give him the little bit of reassurance that he needed. "I cant, Megumi." She grunted feeling around in the place where she was stuck and struggling to pull herself up. She whinced in pain the whole while and Megumi was beginning to worry for her sake. 

He felt incredibly guilty that she had had the upmost worst day and it was all...because of him.  If he'd just told her how he felt-

"Please, can you try! You can move even if its just a little bit right?" His voice shook as he tried not to let his throat close up on him.

"Try harder!"

"Im going to die here Megumi. Please...don't let me die." The gravity of her words weighed down on Megumi's fragile heart as he realized...she was going to give up.  This didnt sound like her at all in fact, Fushiguro refused to believe that this was actually her speaking. Begging him...to help her. No matter how stubborn, no matter how utterly annoying...she was human just like he was but that right now didnt make much sense at all to him.

Y/n was always the one pestering him about what she can do and everything she can do better than him. It was her, who gave him drive and it was her...who was giving up now on everything. Even him.

Now, Megumi realized that he did not hate her. He did not hate her much at all...but he resented her for giving up so easily when she was the one who encouraged him to be his best. 

"So you're giving up?" Megumi's breath was catching in his throat as he reached a hand out further and the other as gripping onto the thick fur of the animal. All she had to do was reach out for him. Why, couldnt she do it? Why...?

Why was she doing this to him?

"You're throwing your life away because you wont try! I'm not-I'm not going to leave you here!" Green eyes watered with despair of a heart break. Megumi couldn't fathom that this, this horrible mission, would result in...

"Megumi please...dont let me die."

"I wont! B-because I-"

"FUSHIGURO CHAN!! DON'T TRUST IT IT'S A FAKE!" The heroine screamed, throwing Itadori, the real one, up into the air and sending him flying up to Megumi. "AHHH-!! Catch meeEEEEeeeee!!!" Yuji flew around in the air helpless to gravity but he outstretched a hand far enough to latch onto Megumi's as he met dazed green orbs. 

"Yuji-what..." 

"Trust me and throw me up higher so I can hulk smash that bitch!!" Itadori smiled as he let himself become weightless as Megumi did his best to toss Yuji up just a bit higher and as if he could ride the clouds themselves,  Yuji hurled downwards towards the trees his fists glowing an omnimous color.

"EXCORISM BITCH!" He screamed slamming his ultra powered fist right into the dome of the curse that took on the form of his friend and then, the thing disappeared into thousands of wisps of smoke. And the three of them celebrated with a quieted moment of silence. You three had done it, you'd figured out the curse in its entirety. Skin walkers...the lowest and yet troublesome kind of curse. 

It takes on the forms of your friends, companions and lovers as it lures you out for malicious intents. 

Megumi placed the pieces all together and with the wipe of his sleeve to his eyes a wave of relief washed over him once he peered down at you whom of which held your stance in case there was another threat that would come their way. She held onto her neck, seeming to be hunching over in pain.

Megumi looked to Itadori whom of which laid in the tree a huge, satisfied grin spreading across his face.

"We did it~" He breathed raising a thumbs up to which he was met with a thumbs up from down below them and the sound of a female's estatic laughter. 

"HELL YEAH! WE FUCKING WRECKED THOSE CURSES! AND ALL THANKS TO ME!"

"THANKS TO YOU? YEAH RIGHT." Itadori muttered, jumping down from the height of the looming tree and landing swiftly on all fours.

"Fuck off Yuji." You grumbled folding your arms. You wished you hadnt found him too funny for you to scold him. You did your part no matter how little and now, you finally werent in the background of your friends.

"Im the one who helped you even get here."

"Ha, youre right! Maybe youre not so useless after all." Itadori smirked closing his eyes as he began to laugh with a steady beating heart. Megumi looked to him with a growing smile but it only became full when he glanced down at you meeting your awake and alert brown eyes. Though he was up here in the clouds with Itadori, he wanted to be down there with you, staring at your smile.

"FUSHIGURO! I cant believe you fell for that fake!" You laughed, nudging him a bit in his side and then throwing your arms around him when he hopped off of Nue. He simply shrugged not knowing whether he should wrap his arms around you and so they stayed at his sides his face colored bright pink from her sudden and surely unexpected embrace.

He couldnt deny that his heart skipped a few beats the moments before she pulled him into her. Partially because, he was hoping that she'd lean in like in the car and place her lips onto his. Yet, he felt selfish for thinking this way as he looked down at the ground letting her hold him for as long as she wanted.

You burried your head into his chest hiding the bittersweet tears that wanted to come tricking out. You were glad Megumi was alright but most of all...you were just glad he wasnt pushing you away right now. As you were about to lift your head up you felt a heavy hand stroke the top of your head just like it did...in the car.

It was Megumi and he was holding you closer to him.

"Im glad, you're okay." He whispered so low that you werent sure you heard him right but as your cheeks began to burn with a furious fire you closed your eyes enjoying the thought of him caring about your safety as he smiled down at you.

"Fushiguro, L/n~" Itadori grinned holding up his phone with a flash. You turned around just in time to see the picture being taken and your flustered reaction to it matched Megumi's perfectly. Yet, unlike in the car...Megumi did not throw you off of him. Instead he tilted his head down embarrassment flaring his cheeks a rosey color.

"So cute~!" Nobara teased walking up with Gojo as she clapped her hands together looking from you to Megumi with a pleased expression. "Hey! Hey Fushiguro chan~!" Gojo called clicking about a hundred pictures like the paparazi. "Look over here Miss!!" Itadori joined him, snapping many photos with a large smile.

"You guys are so cute!"

"Oi Megumi you're growing up!"

"FUSHIGURO STAY STILL!!"