Click Click Snap

The world is constantly moving, never allowing for a second to breathe or a second for someone to fully capture a scene to memory. This is where a camera comes in handy, cameras allow you to capture a moment in time and preserve it for as long as you have the save file, much longer than a memory. While a camera can capture a scene and freeze it in time or replay an event over and over again, only a photographer knows the exact moment to capture the perfect photo almost every time. Everyone has one perfect photo in them.

"Rooster face, say cheese!" A voice rung out, cutting through the clamor of the busy gym as a very familiar face barreled through the door, a camera pressed against their face. There sat that smile, the one that seemed to hold the entire energy of the sun's rays, seemingly unbothered by the sweaty smell of the gym. As the door swung open fully it revealed the culprit of the shout, a second year with the guy's uniform jacket and the girl's uniform skirt with the men's shoes and knee high socks. (S/C) hands seemed to move perfectly as the person captured a moment in time before swinging the camera down to observe their masterpiece. After a few moments a laugh rung out, another smile dancing across their face. "You look just like a rooster! I'm framing this photo on my desk at home!"

The majority of the volleyball team stood there, staring at the photography club president as if this was a usual occurrence. The only person who had seemed stunned was the tall Russian, not knowing how to respond to seeing his captain being laughed at and was staring at said rooster. He was even more confused when he heard his team laughing a bit, looking back to the door only to see the photographer seemingly hopping from foot to foot, not sure if they should walk into the gym with their regular shoes on.

"Pudding pie, can you come here and show the team the picture? I don't have the right shoes on!" They shouted, seemingly looking directly to setter of the team. Now everyone was confused.

"Pudding pie?" A few mumbled in unison, whispering among each other.

"Aye, why does he get to have a nice nickname while I'm Rooster face?" Kuroo spoke up, lightly glaring at his childhood friend before placing his hands on his hips.

"When will you stop looking like a rooster?"

"When will you start getting 8 hours of sleep?"

It was silent for a moment, that question just hanging in the air as the two seemed to stare each other down. If an outsider were to walk in right now they would think a fight was about to break out until the camera was taken from the photography president's hands. This seemed to snap the two friends out of their staring match, both having to blink a few times to get the stinging to go down. No one had noticed the setter move from his position until he had the camera in his hand and was showing the team the picture of their captain.

The picture was of Kuroo looked startled, his back straight, head slightly pointed to the sky and eyes wide, he really did look like a rooster. This caused the rest of the team to start laughing, not super loud, but they surely were not quiet either. Once everyone had seen the photo Kenma gave his friend their camera back, catching their proud smile. They loved hearing people laughing or enjoying the photos they took, it made them feel like they had succeeded in freezing a memory in time, allowing someone to hold onto a moment forever. If only a camera could capture a feeling. Could freeze the warmth that bubbled in their chest and spread through their entire body as they looked over the smiling faces, their own growing in size. As if instinctively they took the camera, snapping one more photo. This time they stayed silent as they looked to the photo displayed on their screen. A photo of smiling faces, something so pure and so beautiful it almost radiated the joy that was permeating throughout the gymnasium.

      A cough broke through the laughter, aiding in its dying down. It originated from the smiling coach, "thank you for that, (L/N), but don't you have a club to run?" He laughed, watching the captain of the volleyball team whip around to stare down his beloved friend.

It was silent for a moment, the President peaking out of the gymnasium for a moment as of checking on something. Once their attention was back on the team and coach they spoke, "everyone is practicing things they are not the best at today! Some are doing in-post editing, some black and white, some scenery, some portraits, and some in action photos! I decided to stop by while making rounds in checking on everyone." They explained, bouncing on the balls of their feet as the coach nodded, believing and understanding the explanation. "And to answer your question, Kuroo, I do get eight hours!" They retorted, sticking their tongue out at their friend.

"You told me this morning you got 3 hours of sleep last night." Kenma spoke up, not paying attention to the feigned hurt expression his childhood friend had given him as well as the proud look on his other friend's face.

They gasped, looking to the dual haired boy in such utter belief and shock. How could he reveal such a thing! "You have betrayed my trust, dearest Pudding Pie! Oh, I have been wounded!! I can't go on much longer, I must retreat." They put on their best show, one hand resting upon their chest while the other pressed against their forehead. (E/C) Eyes closed tight as they looked away, brows furrowing in fake shock and hurt. They began to walk backwards, letting the pose slip into a peace sign as the door closed them out of the gym.

Silence filled the gymnasium for a moment as they all listened to the sound of hurried footsteps fading away before anyone spoke. Lev was the one to speak up first, confusion written all over his face as he pointed towards the door. "Who was that? Why did they call captain 'Rooster Face' and Kenma 'Pudding Pie?'" He gestured to the mentioned boys who just ignored the questions all together, going back to practice as if nothing had happened.

No one answered his questions.