Anxious Meeting

I shouldn't be this anxious.

But weeks have been leading up to this moment and the day is now here.

I continue to mess with my bracelet, a nervous habit but it helps in a way. I haven't been able to sit still for more than 5 seconds. I've fiddled with strands of my hair so much that I'm surprised it hasn't knotted. I just can't seem to calm myself down.

Finally the guard brings him out; and the second our eyes lock I feel my chest raise and my heart thump and pound like a floor drill. Those damn doe eyes :) He takes a seat, the glass divider stopping us from being able to touch or hold hands.

He picks up the phone first, myself hesitantly following afterwards.

"You gonna say something orrr?" He questions and i break from my stiffness, smiling from embarrassment.

"Sorry. My mind drew a blank when I saw you."

He lightly smiles back. And that's when I notice something.

"H-how come your clothes are a different colour to everyone else's?" I ask when noticing he wasn't wearing an orange jumpsuit like his inmates, but a white long sleeved one.

"Apparently it's to make people aware that I'm fucked up in the brain." He jokes but I struggle to find humour in his words. When I was at the front gates before; i had to state that it was Jungkook I'd come to visit. And the receptionists response was "ahh the deviant from the coocoo farm."

"Has anyone been cruel to you? Do people mention your illness? Do they pick on you?"

I pause for a moment and just watch Jungkook raise a brow at me.

"...sorry" I apologise whilst looking down. "I can't help but worry about you in here. There's nothing I can do to protect you."

"You don't need to worry about protecting me."

"That's easier said then done."

He smiles at my words before letting his eyes drop down to my hand. His expression fades into disappointment. "You're not wearing your ring."

"Yeah they made me hand it in along with a few other things. It's really strict here, nothing like the old place."

I don't know much about this prison. Just that Jungkook shares a cell with 3 other prisoners.

"So do you get a long with the guys in your cell?"

"Oh yeah. We share secrets and braid each others hair."

I sigh and watch as he flashes me a playful grin. I wish I could be as calm as he is about all of this, but to be truthful I'm living a constant nightmare worrying about him.

As requested by Namjoon, we phoned the police a few weeks ago and turned Jungkook in. They believed the subway story and didn't question our involvement. It was the plan all along and yet I still couldn't bare it when they took him away. It felt like a part of me left with that boy.

He's been in prison ever since. 3 weeks and 3 days. I could even tell you the hours and minutes, it's all I can think about when at the house with Jin.

"Your court date isn't far now. Just 9 more days and you're out of here."

"Thats if we win—."

"We will." I cut him off. He stares at me for a moment before adjusting himself into a more comfortable position, elbow now leaning on the table as holds the phone up.

"Y/n I want you to prepare for the worst. If my case fails then I wanna know you'll be alright. I don't wanna receive news that you've fallen apart or done something crazy."