Fate at work

Marcy woke up at 5am today- which was 1 hour earlier than usual- and was already full of bursting energy and excitement.

She still can't believe this is real, that she is ACTUALLY going to a school. a REAL school with actual classmates and teachers. She was tired of the old boring tutors her father got her, and of Sasha being her only friend. Sasha's great, but she never seemed truly interested in Marcy- only in her wealth and sometimes intelligence.

The Waybrights, a wealthy family with many significant members, are the only people Marcy was ALLOWED to see. As her father deems any other 'peasant' 'not worthy of a Wu's attention'. Sasha's father is the Mayor of the town, and she therefore grew up with everything she ever wanted. Her mother was a famous model who flew across the globe for various photoshoots. Her parents never really gave attention to her, only calling up services or using their assistants, as means to connect with Sasha.

Marcy and Sasha understands each other- they understand what it's like to have parents who simply do not care- and bonded over that. They used to hide under Marcy's blanket as kids, and share stories from home, hugging and comforting each other. But as they grew, Sasha changed- she became more and more spoiled, and she gave in to the heavy brainwashing from her family. She would not show her vulnerable side to anyone now- not even Marcy. And so, they had grown distant. Marcy misses the old Sasha.

Last week, she and her father came over to the Wu manor, and somehow convinced Mr. Wu to let Marcy go to school. When Ms. Olivia, her father's assistant, told her the news, to say Marcy was overjoyed would be an understatement. She immediately jumped up on her bed and hugged Olivia tight, yelling thank yous, and grinning ear to ear.

She was feeling the same happiness right now, as she stares at the mirror in front of her, ready to wear the school uniform for the first time ever.
'Oh boi,' Marcy mutters to herself, 'I don't think I have ever been this hyped! Well maybe except for when that one game came out...'

Marcy began putting on her uniform, making sure to check the note Sasha gave her as instructions once in a while to ensure that everything was perfect. Finally, she places a green clip on her hair, completing the look.

She stares at herself in the mirror- she's been smiling for so long now that her cheeks felt sore, but it was worth it- she looked like an average teenage girl! Marcy can't help but let out a squeal of excitement, ' Okay okay now, Marcy, calm down,' she mutters to herself.

just then, Lady Olivia knocks on her door. Three small taps, as always. 'I'm almost done, give me 5 more minutes!' Marcy yells in response.

_____________________________

Marcy had gone down right on time- 5 mins sharp- and greets Olivia with a cheerful ' mornin!'

They goes through their daily morning routine- schedule announcement, an apology from her father for not being here along with a lame excuse, a quiet breakfast with Olivia and the maids staring at her, a visit to the garden, taichi practice etc.

finally it is time to go to school. Marcy hops along the pavement with Lady Olivia towards their car, where her bodyguard 'Gorilla' was already waiting for them, grinning and bowing when she sees them approach. The guards real name is Yunnan, or General Yunnan, but Marcy calls her Gorilla for her buff look and sharp teeths.

'Hello Mar-mar! Hey, Livy!', Yunnan greets, 'U ready to go to school??'

'HELL YEA!' Marcy replies excitedly, jumping up and down like a little kid.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anne was late, again.

A sandwich is stuck into her mouth, giving her cheeks the looks of a chipmunk, shes trying her hardest to chew and swallow it. Her purple skirt flutters as she rode her bike on full speed, the wind against her it as well as her curly head of hair. A few dried leaves got caught in her hair from the wind.

'SHIT SHIT SHIT!', Anne curses, 'FIRST DAY OF 8TH GRADE AND I'M ALREADY LATE!'

Luckily, her home was not too far away from the school. She finally arrives, just as the bell rings, and she rushed to her classroom immediately. The teacher isn't here yet, Anne notices in relief.

'Look who's late again,' A voice says teasingly.

Anne turns around- Sasha Waybright, of course.

'What do you want?' Anne snapped

'Why so rude, boobchuy?' Sasha chuckles, 'as if i could want anything you own'

Just then, the teacher enters the class, and Anne rushes to her seat.
hmm, weird, when has her seat been this squishy...?

She stands up and looks down at her seat- a chewed bubblegum piece stretches and forms a string from the seat to her skirt. Sasha's gang of girls erupted into laughs. The new girl next to Sasha was the only one there not laughing, she was looking down and clutching at the rims of her skirt, her face red.

Anne's face heats up , as the whole class watched her, and runs out of the class. The teacher didn't stop her.

A clumsy pair of feet followed hurriedly, 'W-WAIT!'

Anne turns around, uninterested, to see the new girl, ' What? Does Sasha have a message for me or something?'

'its not that..' she answers, out of breath, ' I AM SO SORRY ABOUT THAT, SASHA TOLD ME THAT YOUR SEAT WAS THE UNIVERSAL PLACE WHERE EVERYONE PUTS THEIR CHEWED GUMS...'

'YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THAT?' Anne replies, 'THAT'S LIKE THE WORST EXCUSE I'VE EVER HEARD'

'i-i didn't know...' the girl yells as Anne runs away to the girl's bathroom to cool off. It's bad enough already that she didn't have any friends at school, why does Sasha always pick on her! Urgh

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anne eventually went back to class for second period, and tried to ignore the girls as hard as she could. Marcy feels sorry for her, she HAS to find a way to make up with her! She feels her face burn with shame- she didn't know Sasha became like this... She knew she changed, but now she knows exactly to what degree.

'this is not right...' she whispers to Sasha when Anne entered the room.

'oh Marcy,' Sasha answered dismissively, 'this is just how school works'

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally, the school bell rang, signifying that school has ended. Anne sprints out of the class, eager to get home, only to find that outside was raining REALLY heavily. Her jaw drops, just her luck.

'Why are you still here, Annie love?,' Sasha calls out to her mockingly, 'Your daddy and mommy can't afford you a car ride home?? she ducks into her car, laughing loudly.

CURSE U SAHSA, Anne thinks to herself as she feels her cheeks burning again, IF ONLY SHE WASNT THE MAYOR'S DAUGHTER! THE THINGS SHE COULD'VE DONE TO HER!

'breath, Anne,' she mutters to herself, 'breath...'

Finally, calming down, Anne stares at the school gate. She is in a dilema- should she call her parents, or run to her bike and risk getting sick?? She decides on the latter, thinking that her parents could be busy with the restaurant. She takes a deep breath and steps into the rain.

"Hmm, weird,"Anne thinks as she didnt feel any rain hit her even though she was out in the open. She looks up- there was an umbrella above her. Anne turns around, to see that its owner is... the new girl?!

She was shorter than Anne, and so had to be on her tiptoes in order to not knock her head with the umbrella. 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING, YOU'LL GET SICK' she scolds

'why do you care? aren't you with Sasha'

'I- i just wanted to let you know- I didn't mean to put the gum at your seat... I swear! I- I've never been to school before. I've never had friends. This is all, sort of new for me... My only friend was Sasha, I didn't know- I didn't know she was like this...' The new girl stutters nervously, not looking directly at Anne. She tries her hardest to stay on her tiptoes and not fall, and she was fidgeting with her skirt again. 

CUTECUTECUTECUTE Anne thinks, a blush creeping up her cheeks.

'Please, take this.' The new girl whispers, handing Anne the umbrella, and finally looking directly into her eyes nervously.

As Anne reaches out her hand to take the umbrella, her hand breifly brushed across the girl's. A thunderclap sounds in the background, lighting up both their faces for a second.

'I-I..' Anne stutters

The new girl spots a car waiting at the gate, and starts stepping out of the umbrella, she took a few steps away. then looks back at Anne, 'See you tomorrow...' giving her a smile

Anne's head explodes, her cheeks turns a few shades redder, luckily hidden by the darkness from the rainstorm.

right before the girl enters her car, Anne yells, 'WAIT!'

The new girl turns back to her.

'Whats your name?'

'Marcy' She says, and gave her another smile. Anne's stomach felt like there was a thousand butterflies inside at this

'Nice to meet you Marcy, I'm Anne. Anne Boonchuy.' She says, trying the hardest to stay calm, 'I- I hope we can be friends'

'friends' Marcy answers, smiling even wider, then enters the car.

in her car, Sasha watches everything silently... her jealousy starting to brew...
At a corner of the school, unnoticed by any of the girls, stood a figure: 'looks like I have chosen correctly'

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________