Father Talk

Todoroki is not an optimist.
He'd also argue he isn't as pessimist.

Realistically...
"Shouto."
He's in deep shit.

There were several emotions contorting his father's face; it was difficult for Todoroki pick out the dominating one. His posture seemed too composed for him to be overwhelmingly angry, arms crossed, of-course, but shoulders relaxed. Similarly, his brows refrained from falling into a familiar, disappointed expression. There was no doubt he would certainly be disappointed, though.
"I'm sorry, father. I should have been more careful." Todoroki says, nevertheless.
Enji lets out a deep sigh, leaning forward to rest his elbows on the desk separating them.
"I agree you were foolish – and actions will be taken. However..." His father, pauses, expression shifting.
"I wish you told me these things, boy. It leaves a bad taste when I find out about your life only through what is publicised."
Shouto stays silent at that, conveniently looking out through the tall glass windows instead. He cringed thinking of how many reporters must be gathered outside already. His father sighs again.
"You will not speak a word publicly, understand? You'll only make it worse."
"Yes, father." Todoroki takes that as his leave, still unable to meet his father's eyes.
"And Shouto."
He waivers, firm tight on the edge of his chair.
"I encourage you to refrain from engaging with him from now on."
His fingers flex as he lets go, turning away.
"Yes, father."

...

"Katsuki-"
"Shut up."
And Todoroki does, momentarily – potentially a little distracted. Bakugou takes over his mouth like he owns it, which – in a way – he sort of does at this point. Todoroki bites back though, lips twitching at the returned hiss. The blonde has to retaliate by half choking him with his own tie, pulling them impossibly closer. Without a second to breathe, he can't help but gasp between the movement of their lips.
"Kats-"
Bakugou sneers, letting go of his tie to shove him back into the wall he's cornered in, ignoring him entirely and deepening the kiss. Dangerously warm hands pin his hips to the surface, sliding up to squeeze roughly at his waist. It doesn't help Todoroki's breathlessness.
He can't quite believe how easily he's been coerced onto this reckless streak. Except he really does, he thinks to himself as Bakugou's tongue slides ever so sinfully against his own. Instinctually, his grip tightens into the other's white shirt. He knows Katsuki will yell at him for the creases – and maybe that's exactly why he does it.
"What did that bastard say." Bakugou's words muffle between their mouths.
"What you'd expect." He huffs out, eventually pushing the other's chest for a break. Bakugou smirks in victory. He backs away minimally, resting his forearm on the wall next to Todoroki's head.
"Great. Can't wait." Bakugou groans, making his hair even wilder as he runs his free hand through it.
Todoroki only hums in response, still marginally dazed. It wasn't often he got to see Katsuki wearing office clothes. He looked good. It was obvious he'd been forced into it, though. One too many buttons were undone on his shirt, tie conveniently missing. Todoroki would chastise him, except after Katsuki ambushed him in probably the only camera free corridor in the entire agency – he couldn't look that much better. He can feel the hot swell of his lips, and by the way Katsuki flicks his eyes there repeatedly – he knows exactly what they look like.
"Try to be-"
"I know. Best behaviour." Bakugou cuts in, finally stepping back to get a foot in between them.
"It's just-" He falters as Bakugou straightens his tie, pulling it a touch too tight. He only smirks at Todoroki's icy glare, turning away and in the direction of his father's office.
"Don't worry, Halfy – me and Dad are going to have a nice chat."
They are so fucked.

...

The office is as loud and busy as ever. Ceaseless ringtones and choruses of repetitive conversations are bound to give him a headache by the end of the day. Assistants rush up and down aisles, tripping over the mountains of paperwork no one does. Except him now, apparently. Todoroki can't wait till he's allowed to patrol again. But at the very least, Shouto's grateful he got the desk that's tucked away in the corner, up against the windows.

"Shouto! Are you okay? How was your first day back? Did you run into any press-"
Todoroki fought to keep the smile off his face, using his phone to block his face as an assistant walks past his desk.
"Kirishima. Everything's okay – the process getting in was smooth."
After a weeks break from work, both him and Katsuki got picked up by a company car in the parking lot underneath their flat building – he forgets they're rich enough to live in such a highly secured place. It's not a fool proof solution but it's better than their usual walk.
"Ohh Kirishima is it now? I see you're being careful. But that's good! No one's talked to you at work?"
Todoroki's expression drops at that, looking up to see several others suddenly look away.
"Not exactly."
"Agh, that sucks – but don't worry! Izuku got caught with Ochako at that facy restaurant last week and that was forgotten basically the next day!"
Todoroki could laugh at the other's optimism.
"I think me and Bakugou shoving our tongues down eachother's throats is a little different, Kirishima." He grumbles, careful to keep his voice low.
"Alright, alright... The picture's kinda blurry at least- but damn Sho you gotta kiss me like tha-"
"-Kirishima."
Eijiro chuckles, but it quickly dies down.
"Okay, well.. Just – don't bother looking on social media or anything, alright? There's not like, anything – as in like you know – just people spreading the photo – super repetitive and boring, you know?"
He knows Eijiro is the worst liar, at least.
"I don't go on it anyway." He replies, shaking the mouse to bring his computer back to life.
"Good! ... Good. Ran into Katsuki at all?"
"Mm, he's talking with my father." He says distantly, focused on his computer screen.
"What?! He's going to be alright, right?"
Fuck, he forgot his twitter password.
"We'll find out I guess-"

Without warning, an enormous tremor rocks though the building – Todoroki grapples at his desk with his free hand so he doesn't topple off his chair. Several screams and yells erupt from shudder, everyone else on the floor fighting to stay on their feet as light fixtures shake and flicker. Papers and appliances tumble as if caught in invisible washing machines. The floor to ceiling windows creak ominously and Todoroki prays they stay there.
"Shouto? What was that?" Kirishima voice is barely heard over the chaos.
"Is there an earthquake right now?"
"Er- no? What-"

"Then I've got to go – see you at dinner."
"Huh?! Sho-!"
Todoroki hangs up, stumbling to his feet as the vibrations come to a stop. A piercing alarm wails out before he can even take a step.
Villain Attack.
"Everyone! Please evacuate the building in an orderly fashion-" Someone orders from across the room. Everyone of-course rushes like their life depends on it. Todoroki instead takes the rear, glaring down each row of desks to make sure no one is left behind. He's hit with a vague sense of déjà vu. Haven't villains realised attacking a building full of heroes is a bad idea?

"Emergency shutdown. Repeat. Emergency shutdown."

A robotic voice calls from above his head. Todoroki scowls as metallic shutters sink down over every door in sight. Fuck, he wouldn't be able to get through any doors until the command had been lifted. Unhelpfully, another quake decides to rock the building. Shouto manages to grab an employee with each arm as he iced a foot to the floor. They squealed and clung to him tightly.
5.. 6... 7. 7 seconds the vibrations last. Roughly the same as before. It must be a quirk.
"What are we going to do? We're trapped!" The woman on his left cries, letting go of her surprising strong grip on his arm and steadying herself on her feet. He vaguely recognises her. She's a promising intern.
Logically, he surveys his surroundings. He can't risk forcing the exit doors open – other employees could be trapped the other side.
Fuck.
He glances beside him.
His reflection stares back.
Oh.
"You have a... flying quirk, right?" He asks, backing away from the window.
"Er- yes... basically." She stumbles, confusion evident in her voice. She backs up with him, hilariously cautious.
"Okay, help those that are left here to the ground."
"But we're trap-"
"Everyone, stand the other side of the room." Thankfully, the few employees left listen to him with no question, hurrying to get back.

Flames engulf  his left arm, smouldering pieces of his shirt fluttering to the ground. He takes a deep breath, clenching his fist as his temperature skyrockets. The glass around the office is reinforced. He doubts even his ice could penetrate through it.

Good thing he can get hot enough to melt it.