𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐃 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐏

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

Alex stood between Atlas and Michelle with the rest of the Decathlon students gathered in front of their bus. While the rest of the teens discussed their upcoming competition, the Easton girl's mind was filled with thoughts about what they figured out last night. If it was up to her, Alex would've sped to Maryland to figure out exactly what was going on. But all three boys warned her it wasn't safe to go alone. In all honesty, the Easton girl was surprised Peter cared about her safety due to how he'd been treating her.

The redheaded girl was brought out of her daze by the sound of approaching footsteps. When she turned towards the source of the noise, Alex found Peter jogging toward them. The students started murmuring amongst themselves while the Easton girl watched the boy with a small smile on her face. As soon as the Parker boy stopped in front of the Decathlon students, an uncomfortable silence surrounded them. The brunette boy scanned over the group until his eyes unexpectedly fell on Alex. They just stared at each other for a long moment before he cleared his throat and moved his attention toward Liz.

"I was hoping I could rejoin the team," Peter announced, causing everyone to exchange a look with each other before Flash pushed past the girls in front of them to stand next to Liz.

"No, no way. You can't just quit on us, stroll up, and be welcomed back by everyone," the Thompson boy stated while he continued to glare at the Parker boy.

"Hey, welcome back, Peter!" Mr. Harrington said after exiting the bus before his attention fell on the raven-haired boy, "Flash, you're back to the first alternate."

"What?"

"He's taking your place," Abe stated, making chuckles erupt from the group of teens while Alex stared at the back of Flash's head with a smirk on her face.

"Excuse me, can we go already?" Michelle questioned as she pushed herself off the bus and moved to join the rest of the group, "I was hoping to get in some light protesting in front of one of the embassies before dinner."

"Protesting is patriotic. Let's get on the bus," the brunette man responded before taking a step back and using his thumb to gesture toward the yellow vehicle.

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

Liz stood in the aisle of the bus and read questions on the flashcards in her hands. After she read every question, the ringing of a bell cut through the air followed by someone's answer to the question. Alex and Atlas sat in the back of the bus across from Ned while Peter practiced with the team. All three of them stared at the holographic image in the Leeds boy's hand. At least, the Easton girl thought the three of them were watching the image.