Chapter 1

She laughed as loud as she wanted to... being so relived from the strokes used on her, Mister Williams used jokes to make the students more focused and entertained with his subject, Uncle Francis looked at Ibewuike Miracle from the back, Ibewuike Miracle as a happy girl, she looked left to see if Uncle Francis was looking at her, and she didn't make it a notice, she just turned her face to Emmanuel's book, trying to see his reaction, after flogging her.

'If you know you didn't do the assignment, come out'.

Uncle Francis asked, and Ibewuike Miracle was the first person coming out from her seat...

'Ibewuike miracle, I was expecting you to be doing this assignment, but I find out you don't...give me your hand'.

Ibewuike miracle boldly brought out her hand, and closed her eyes, 'cause, she was not ready for the cane...

Uncle Francis gave her one large stroke, but she held it, gave her another one, she rubbed her hand, and she was so much in pain, because it was only one hand, to worsen it, Uncle Francis gave her around six strokes in one hand, and then tears came rolling down from her eyes.

'Please, if you know I've flogged you go and seat'.

Ibewuike Miracle pushed the person on her way, and hurriedly went to her seat she bent down her head, and cried...

Ibewuike Miracle laughed, to the extent that her body got relived from the pains, she got up to greet the teacher as he was leaving.

'Class compliment'

Michael said standing on his feet, packing his books on his desk.

'Thank you and God bless you we expect you next time'.

The class chorused and sat down, Uncle Francis kept looking at her, Ibewuike Miracle with a mind of courage, was thinking he was wondering why she wasn't really sad, she opened her locker, raising her books, smiling and humming a happy song, with her mouth stretched out.....

'Now, I want to say this, before the next teacher comes in'.

Francis said, opening his mouth, so large, showing one of his half-broken teeth, Miracle ohagbulam laughed at the show from him.

'Miracle ohagbulam, I will soon slap you'.

Miracle ohagbulam hissed, not listening to him, Francis continued with his speech.

'All this people that don't do assignment, don't worry today's own was just for warming you guys up for tomorrow, let me see that person that won't do P.H.E assignment'.

Uncle Francis said, leaving his teeth opened, but this time around, he looked like an ugly man... he left his marker that he was holding, bending down to pick it, miracle was passing there, she gradually turned back, not minding who was looking at her.

'Miracle, go and seat down, I won't tell you again!'

'O!'

Miracle sighed as a sign of distress.

Ibewuike Miracle, minding her business, she bent her head trying to eat her food, she sighed, she tried eating it again, but nah, she didn't.

'Ibewuike, what are you doing down there, stand up, what did I say last?'

Uncle Francis called her, trying to intimidate her in front of the class, Ibewuike Miracle stood up boldly to answer his questions she stood up and said exactly the last thing he said.

'If I catch you misbehaving one more time, I won't resist to, hit you with a rod!'

Francis addressed this statement to Ibewuike miracle, And then Ibewuike, herself stood on her feet, leaning on her locker, not minding what he can do to her. Francis told her to keep standing, until he's done, during his time of speech, Music teacher came in, standing at the entrance door, leaning on it, as Ibewuike watched Michael She looked closely at him, that he was tired of Francis