3. ᴀɪᴅᴇɴ, ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴄᴀʟᴍɪɴɢ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ

Life was normal after that

Life was normal after that. School days were as usual, nothing special.

But there was one slight change in my schedule. Everyday after coming back from school, when I sat down to pour my thoughts out in my paintings, I saw him.
Playing in football.

He looked free and momentarily happy while playing. He looked just as captivating, everyday, so much that it was surprising.

His appearance made significant changes in my monotonous days. I used to think of him. Of how God made someone with so much beauty, perfection, of how how he must've been sculpted taking longer than usual. To reach that level of radiance.

A smile would be playing on my lips, almost always, without me realising. I got to know about my changed demeanor from Aimy, who thought I was in love.
I denied ofcourse. I didn't know what love is. I was just mesmerized by him.
But love?
More like lust. Isn't that what falling for someone's appearance is? But I didn't want to name it that. Doesn't sound right to me.

He felt more that his appearance to me.. He made me curious about him.
Made me want solve hi, as if he's a puzzle. He was just a boy..
But my eyes kept trying to find him in crowds.

As the school bell rang, signaling the end of another day of classes, I gathered my  books and headed towards the exit. Just as I was about to step out, I heard a quiet, almost mysterious voice behind her.
Which was also oddly familiar, yet it wasn't.

"Excuse me, is this the way to the library?"

My mid quickly skimmed through the people of my school to recognise the voice. Then realised a new student, who everyone said was absolutely unreal, had recently joined the school...
I had also thought while hearing these things that, "who could be as unreal as him"

I turned around, my heart skipping a beat as I locked eyes with him.
The voice belonged to him. Yes it did.
The new student who had recently joined the school, was him.

If I'm not mistaken, I thought I saw a glint of surprise and almost recognition in his ocean eyes.. which also widened for a second.

His eyes resembled the deep dark but also bright and calm ocean.. which was usually peaceful but could carry tsunamis if he wanted to.

But maybe I'm just being delusional.

With a shy and subtle smile, I replied to his question, "Yes, it is. I can show you the way if you'd like."
"Oh yes, please do. Thank you.."

I just walked with him. Matching my footsteps with his.
Talking to him was something I never thought I could get to. But guess what? Speaking to someone never felt that good.
His voice was smooth and soft, but also a little deep. And he spoke very politely.
Just as I had imagined.

His outfit today was simple, as his regular ones. A black hoodie and a grey cargo pants, with a bag hanging around one of his wide shoulders. His curls as messy and beautiful as always. But he looked tired today. The regular glow of his face was somehow missing.

I talk like I knew him since long ago..  but that's just the amount of things I managed to observe. After all, I thought about him for a bit too long.

I saw the Library and my thoughts came to a hault. Why so near? Why did we reach so early?

"Thank you.." he smiled at me and when I tell you I melted, I won't be lying.
I returned the smile.
"You're welcome"
"Your name?" He asked in a really careful voice.
"Oh, I'm Luna, Luna smith."
"Hi Luna, I'm Aiden"

I contemplated freaking out about how my name sounds when he says it, or that now I finally can call him by his name and not as that boy.

A- See you around..
He smiled again, then turned around and walked inside.
I turned around too, and headed my way out. Now I get to see him at school too.

The universe is on my side.

✧˖°🌷📎⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚