Chapter one

Alex had just had his kids for the weekend, when he got a call on the Sunday night from his work. He worked nasa. He had took the kids home early. "Why are you here so early alexander?" Eliza asked as their kids ran into the house to be greeted by their soon to be step dad. Their step dad being a Alex's rival since high school. He ignored the sly remark Thomas had made.

"Because I've been called into work." He said. She sighed. "Of course you were. Always working." She then looked up at him. "Well hopefully you'll see them next weekend." She said waving bye to him and shutting the door causing Alex to sigh. He went to his car and drove to work. He walked into the building. "You needed me in today?" He said to his boss.

"Yes mr. Hamilton. We have a huge problem." He said as he walked Alex to the control type of room. "Okay what's the problem?" He asked sitting down. "Well mr. Hamilton we have had some interference from our satellites." He pulled up the readings that they had been getting and wet still getting. Alex looked. "We still don't know what it is but we thought you could go to find out." He explained. Alex simply agreed.

In the up coming months he didn't tell his kids but he'd try to see them everyday. Eliza thought it was weird and Thomas hated it because now they'd constantly talk about Alex and what they did. (Which was something they never did.)

It was the the Saturday night before he went on his mission and he was writing them both a letter. That same night Eliza was sitting up in bed reading a book when Thomas came into the room. He got into bed next to her. She placed the book down knowing he was upset about something, she thought it had something to do with work. "Tommy what's up? Did something happen at work?" She asked causing him to look at her. "No. Don't you think it's weird how when you and Alexander first got divorced he'd not see them as much? But now suddenly he wants to see them pretty much everyday?" He asked. He had always hated Alex with all of his being.

Eliza sighed. "Thomas they are his kids. We can't stop him from wanting to see them. You can't stop him. You're just their step dad. Don't you think they need their father around?" She asked. She waited for him to reply and sighed when he didn't. "What if he's trying to take them off you?" She shook her head and took his hand. "Babe listen he's not taking them away from me. They're his kids too." She softly said as she put her bookmark in to mark what page she was on, before putting it on her bedside table.

"Look you're just stressed from work. Try get some sleep we'll talk about it in the morning." She said softly kissing his lips, before turning her light off and going to sleep, leaving Thomas laying awake in the silence and his thoughts. He was laying awake, his mind racing, thinking of ways he could discourage Alex from seeing his own children. These ideas were down right cruel to pure wicked.