Guy's Pov:

I woke up, slamming my hand on the alarm next to my bed, silencing the beeping. I wiped my hands over my face and groaned.

"Great," I said to no one in particular. I rolled out of bed and threw on a quick outfit, tossing on a baseball hat as I left my apartment. I made sure to lock the door and wave to the doorman on the way out.

As I was hailing a cab, a gust of wind blew my cap off my head and sent it flying down the street. I frantically fumbled down the street, dodging people, dogs, and various other sidewalk items. When I finally caught up with my hat, it was in the hands of a young man who looked about my age, who was looking at it curiously. Slowly he realized I was standing in front of him, about the same time I realized I was staring.

"Oh, sorry is this yours?" He asked kindly, slightly startled at my somewhat sudden appearance.

"Uh, yeah, sorry, it's- uh, it's pretty windy..." I trailed off awkwardly. He just looked at me.

"Well, I had better be on my way, what with a bus to catch and all." He said with a small nod and a slightly uncomfortable glance at his watch.

"Oh, yes! Don't let me keep you!" I watched as he gave me a small smile, turned on his heel, and walked away. I sighed and went to put my hat back on, but noticed there was something in it. It looked like a small piece of paper, no bigger than my palm. Curious, I opened it up and to my surprise it had a name and number written in neat, blue ink.

"Jim, ###-###-####"

Jim's Pov:

I awkwardly waddled away from the encounter, shuffling my feet in a way that I was sure looked ridiculous. I gazed down at my hands which just held the cap of a not-so-bad-looking fella.

'Oh god, why did I say it like that,' I think to myself as I make my way to where I'm supposed to be catching the bus to my new job,'who even says "what with" anymore?'

As time goes on I continue to fret even more, and my worries only increase when I reach into my pocket to find the paper I'd filled out with my name and number was missing. I needed that to hang on the bulletin board at work, incase of emergency.

'This is not good.' I thought to my self, then realized with a start that the only place it could be was in that fine young gentleman's hat. That's when I begin to truly panic.

'I had meant to get his number, but not like this. He's probably gonna think I'm so weird and annoying and never ever talk to me again and he gonna tell all his friends and I'm gonna have a bad reputation and I'm gonna have no friends and- stop, you're spiraling. Breathe.' I take a few deep breaths, to help appear more calm. Everyone knows it's all about appearances.

A/N: wow 251 words, this is just me writing about my math hw instead of doing it, maybe I'll update.
            -cottonwood :]