not ready. (× m!reader)

𝑰 𝒃𝒂𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒏 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒐 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘 (𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝑰 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍?) 𝒀𝒆𝒂𝒉. 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝑰 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒅𝒅𝒍𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕.

*y/n = your name
*l/n = last name
*n/n = nickname
*f/c = favourite colour
*e/c = eye colour
*h/c = hair colour

y/n's house - 03:10 - y/n's bedroom

It's late into the night. y/n is wide awake with a train of thoughts rushing through his mind. 'even if I'm tired, I'm just not ready for time to pass.' He sighs almost defeatedly, and pulls up his phone to text Shoto Todoroki, a good friend, that he was crushing on, he had made earlier on in the school year.

Shoto <3
Last seen 22:30

You awake Todo?
03:13

Shoto <3
Online

I am, but why are you?
03:14

Can't sleep. Don't feel like facing tmr yet
03:14

That makes sense. But
why did you decide to text me?
03:15

Dunno. I guess I was thinking of you
03:15

Oh. Thank you, I suppose.
03:15

Why are you awake then halfy?
03:16

None of your business l/n.
03:16

Ouch. That was cold
03:17
                               seen

Oof. Ignoring me now?
03:20

K then. Goodnight.
03:23

delivered

y/n flopped back in his bed, sighing at the other boy's attitude. There wasn't much other to do than 'confront' him tomorrow. y/n couldn't lie, he still felt butterflies when thinking about Shoto, even when he was meant to be angry.

UA Highschool - 12:45 - Lunchtime

y/n flopped at a table near Shoto, pulling an annoyed face. "So, you aren't even going to apologise for hurting my precious feelings?" y/n fake-whined.
"No." Shoto sighed. "You'll live." y/n pulled
himself up to face Shoto, studying his face. He had done this often from afar, but up close he could admire his features to a whole other level.
'He is beautiful.'
y/n continued to stare at Shoto, unaware at the slight blush that began to form on Shoto's face. "y/n.? It appears you are staring.." He covered his face a little, feeling embarrassed. "o-oh!.. Sorry Todo." y/n looked away quickly, waiting for the awkward silence to stop.

As they looked at the ground awkwardly, one of the students from a different class neither one had seen before, approached Shoto. (let's call them [random]) [random] walked up to Todoroki shyly, with some encouragement that could be heard from a group of girls across the cafeteria. Shoto lifted his head to face the girl, who immediately turned a bright shade of pink and struggled to keep eye-contact. y/n watches over him protectively, and waits for [random] to speak.

"u-uh.. Todoroki-kun.? C-can.. Can I get your number?-" She bowed slightly, still pink "I-I'd love to hang out sometime!" The cafeteria chatter soon slowed, and whispers erupted from the people jealous of both Shoto and [random]'s positions. Shoto appeared to think for a moment, before stating his answer

"No. Apologies, [random], but training to become a hero means little to no distraction, which includes most 'hanging out' as well." He seemed content with his answer, and looked to [random] for a response. Luckily, she didn't seem too angry. "oh.. Okay.. I support your endeavour to become a hero!" (hahaha see what i did there) she sniffled, but put on a brave smile and walked back to her table. y/n was almost equally disappointed, this meant he had no chance with Todoroki after all.

Shoto stood up, and excused himself. y/n could already guess where he planned on going, and planned on following.

UA Highschool - 13:11 - Rooftop

y/n silently watched Todoroki stand by the edge, leaning on the barrier. He took a moment to admire Shoto's soft hair flow in the wind, his opinion had not changed one bit,
'Shoto Todoroki is still beautiful.'
"Hey, y/n?" Shoto tried to get his attention quietly. "What is it, Todo?"
Even though Shoto had always protested against the nickname, this time he just let out a small laugh. At this, y/n's face became red, 'he is so cute..'
"Do you really know why I rejected [random] earlier?" he asked, his voice still a low whisper. "Because you want to be a good pro hero, blah blah blah.." y/n was sick of Shoto talking about it. Especially since y/n wanted to be with him so badly. "Not quite.." Shoto turned to face y/n, his eyes glistening in the sunlight. Even though y/n was taller, it never seemed to be a problem for them. No matter where Shoto was y/n would be turned to look at him anyways. "n/n.. I love you. And I want to be with you." Shoto said, only loud enough for y/n to hear. "n/n? Where did that come from?" He teased. Shoto grabbed y/n for a flustered hug "Does it matter..?" He asked, a hint of anger in his 'adorable' voice. "I guess not, as long as you keep calling me n/n. And yeah, I love you too Todo."

They stayed like that for a while, in a calm hug. The warm summer breeze like a backing to a romantic moment.

'I love him so goddamn much. I no longer feel not ready.'

(910 words)