Chapter 1

Today was a really big deal. Everyone around me just keeps saying "it'll be fine once you get there, you'll see you are over reacting!" Hell I will! Being the new kid in a new town and a new school will definitely not be fine.

I moved to stars hollow about a week ago, it's a lovely town, very small, but lovely. It's one of those places that instantly makes you feel welcome, Or that could just be Taylor Doose.

"Rosealie, I'm just ironing your blazer, please come have some breakfast before you need to leave!" I hear my mothers frantic voice call up from the stair case "okay, just a second!" I know shes nervous for me, she keeps telling me I shouldn't be nervous but I know it's mostly for her to stop going crazy as well as my sanity.

I was very fortunate, I got into one of the best schools in the country, chilton high school, you may have heard of it. My dad works away a lot so I get to see him at the big holidays or events but nothing more then that. It's been about 4 months since I last seen him, it's hard, extremely hard, but if he doesn't work away he doesn't earn the money I need to get into the best schools in the country and that's very important to my parents.

"I'm here, mom" I give her a shy smile as I walk in with my school skirt on "aw well look at you Rosie! You look just like a doll!" I roll my eyes as I take the shirt and blazer off the back of the dinning chair and begin to dress my self "it's just a uniform mom" I laugh a little as she looks at me with proud eyes "aw my baby is all grown up! I need a picture of this, STAY THERE!" I groan out loud as my mother starts to frantically search through draws and cabinets to find a camera "mom I really have to go, can this just wait until I'm home?" I hear my mother tut as she pulls the camera out of the draw "what would be the point in taking the photo after the day is over?" She rolls her eyes at me before smiling once again "Okay, 1,2,3 cheese!" I flash her a toothy smile, I knew I wasn't going to be allowed to leave without this photo, so I didn't see the point in being stubborn.

I wave bye to my mom and I start walking towards my car, I live on peach, I always found it quite amusingly cute that the streets in stars hollow are named after fruits. I climb into my car and turn the key "you can do this Rose" I look into the mirror and nod to my self as I lift the clutch and begin start my journey to Chilton.

I arrive with a spare ten minutes before classes start, I had already been given my schedule in the mail as I was anxious about the not knowing. I walk over to my locker and start to wiggle and jam the code "great, all this money and you can't even get a decent locker!" I groan as I continue to jiggle with the code "hey, look what we have over here! A new Mary has joined us" I turn to see a blonde haired boy smirking at me "excuse me?" I raise a brow at him confused as to what he was talking about "you, Mary" his smirk widens and I frown at him "my name is Rosealie, you can call me Rose though, if you'd like" I shrug as I carry on jiggling my locker "I'm Tristan, it's nice to meet you Mary" he walks away and I role my eyes behind his back "ITS ROSE!" I shriek back.

"He used to call me that too, just ignore him" I turn to see a brown haired girl looking at me, she was tall and slim, her brown hair was shiny and her eyes were that blue she could blind you "I'm assuming it's a Virgin Mary joke" she nods and we both roll our eyes "so mature" she laughs and I smile "I'm Rory, it's nice to meet you" I smile again "I'm Rosealie, you can call me Rose through if you'd like" she nods and shots me a grin.

I come to learn that Rory also lives in stars Hollow with her Mother lorelai, we decided it would be nice if we drove home together so she could take me to a place called Luke's, Rory said and I quote "the worlds best coffee, no coffee will ever come close to the perfection of Luke's" and I must say, I'm intrigued. 

My first day at Chilton left me with a mix of emotions, I met a very sharp, feisty, snappy girl named Paris, I don't think she's too fond of my new approaching presence. Rory said she was like that with her too, she just always assumes the worst in people and eventually she will back down. I met the schools jackass, also known as Tristan, yippee! And lastly, I met a pretty cool girl, Rory, who has quite frankly saved this day from sucking bad.

As planned, I met Rory at my locker so we could both go back to stars Hollow together in my car "hey! How was your last class?" I shrug at her "meh, it was okay, everything is so different here but I'm a fast learner so I'm hoping to be back on track by the end of the week" she nodded at me with agreeing eyes "oh yes, I remember this, I went from a standard school in stars hollow, the star student in every single class, didn't even have to try really to get an A, then my first week here I thought, damn I'm seriously going to fail! But I recovered pretty quickly, you just need to borrow someone's notes and you'll be back on track!" I smiled at her "I might take you up on that notes offer for English literature, if you don't mind?" She shook her head frantically "no, not at all, here, take them!" She started to scramble through her bag until her hand came in contact with the notepad I'm assuming she was looking for "a ha! Here we go, English literature!" She handed the pink notepad to me "use it for as long as you need!" I smiled and nodded at her "thanks so much Rory, this means a lot!" I stretched my arm out towards the way of the doors "shall we? My cars this way" she nodded and we started to stroll our way towards the exit.

We arrived back in stars hollow in less then a half hour "hey, it's pretty good when the traffic is light, sometimes I could be driving to my grandparents house and I could be waiting for an hour!" Rory shot her hands in the hair to further show her frustration towards the traffic "I'm glad I haven't hit it yet, it's been pretty clear both this morning and now" she smiled as she pointed towards the left. She has been giving me directions so we could drive straight to Luke's diner, which I was extremely grateful for. I still don't really know my way with confidence yet. It would have probably taken me an hour to get home even without the traffic.

We pull up to a hardware store and I look at her with eye brows raised "this is a hardware store?" She notices my confusion and starts to laugh "oh, haha, no this is Luke's, it used to be his fathers hardware store and to keep a little bit of his farther, he never changed the name, but I promise, it's a diner" she laughed again and this time I joined in. We walk inside and I'm instantly welcomed with the warm homely smell off coffee "oh this place smells amazing!" Rory nods and sits down at a little table near the window "HEY LUKE!" Rory waves towards a man behind the counter, he has a blue cap on backwards and a flannel shirt "hey Rory, what would it be?" She pretended to look through the menu before laughing and Luke rolls his eyes "two coffees please Luke, my new friend here Rose needs to know what it's life to experience a Luke Danes coffee!" He nods and looks at me "new to town?" I nod and offer a small smile "been here about a week" he nods again before walking back behind the counter.

"Luke's a man of very few words but he's honestly one of my closest friends here, he's always been apart of my life" I smile, it must be so nice to have grown up around so many people who adore you, it's always just been me and my mom. With dad working away as much as he does, I don't really have a relationship as close as I'd like with him. I mean don't get me wrong, I love my dad, but I just wish I could have more.

"Here you are, two coffees, enjoy" Luke places down two hearty cups of coffee and Rory's eyes begin to sparkle "heaven in a cup" she begins to gulp it down and I laugh "that good huh?" She nods frantically "yes! You haven't even tried it yet! Oh my gosh please try it!" I laugh at her reaction "okay okay, here goes nothing!" I bring the mug up to my mouth and take a sip, I have to say it was pretty damn amazing "wow, okay totally understand why you inhale this stuff like air!" She gives me a told you so look and I laugh "thanks for bringing me here, I now have a favourite coffee place!" She flashes me a toothy smile "you are more then welcome, I mean who would I be if I didn't spread the word of the worlds best coffee!" I jokingly agree with her "well if I found out down the line that you hid something as amazing as this coffee away from our blossoming friendship, I just don't think I could trust you anymore!" Rory laughs and we both take another sip.

Authors pov
Thank you so much for reading the first chapter of 'the stars aligned' please let me know what you think in the comments!  Xoxo