chapter 11 (aka out of touch)

word count: 2313 words

Little did she know, Nate Jacobs was fucking up yet another thing- this time, one of Eleanor's few friends- as she was sitting blissfully in the arms of her favorite ginger

Not that Elle would find out yet, of course, because maybe then the guilt would have stopped Cassie. Maybe the look on Eleanor's face when she found out would have sobered her up from the drug that is Nate.

Or maybe not.

Irregardless, Fezco and Elle were finally a thing- kind of. They hadn't exactly, you know, told anyone. I knew because I'm a fuckin' detective, and Ash knew cause Ash is a lot fucking smarter than everyone thinks.

Anyways. On with the story and whatnot.

"Something happened with Fez?" Eleanor's voice was uncertain over the phone, and Ashtray huffed. "Kind of. Fuck. Can you just come?" He was obviously upset, and he was speaking so quietly that Eleanor could barely hear him.

"Can you wait like 30 minutes? I have to make Ethan give me a ride." While Ashtray sighed loudly again, Eleanor ran her fingers through her hair. "Alright, just hurry," he added, his lack of sarcasm startling Eleanor.

Ashtray hung up before she could say anything else, and Eleanor frowned down at her phone. The sense of urgency in his voice made her not question him, and begrudgingly started to walk to her brothers room.

"Ethan? I need a ride," she called out, knocking once on her brothers door before entering. He was sitting on his bed, relaxed, and it took a second before Eleanor noticed the girl next to him. Her black hair complemented her round face, which was bright red.

"Oh my god- Kat?" Eleanor exclaimed, mouth hanging open as Ethan grinned sheepishly.Kat remained silent, her gaze fixed on her hands, while Eleanor gaped at the two.

"Oh, hey Eleanor," he mumbled, and Eleanor just shook her head in shock. "I'm not even going to ask," she sighed, the energy with Kat hadn't been the same since that day at Cassie's, and this wasn't exactly helping the friendship along.

"So, can you give me a ride?" she asked, her gaze leaving Kat, who had sat up, far away from Ethan. "I'm kinda busy-" Ethan began, and Eleanor sighed.

"Please? Something's wrong with Ash," she pleaded. Ethan knew about Eleanor's "friendship" with Fezco, but the relationship, like Kat and Ethan's, was kept a secret.

Ethan looked over at Kat, looking guilty, but Kat just nodded. "No, go ahead," she told him, and he smiled lovingly at her. Eleanor's annoyance faded slightly, because she had never seen Ethan look so- at ease.