11: Unwanted Guest

(Chapter - 11)

"Sir, your cousin, Jake, is here to see you," Heeseung sighed at the sudden arrival of his cousin.

"Escort him to his room. I will join him soon." Heeseung told the lady who bowed to his command.

'What does he want this time?' Heeseung scoffed at the thought and diverted his attention towards Yera, who was soon gaining her consciousness back.

"How are you feeling now, huh?" Heeseung smirked at Yera, who was going into a panic mode viewing him this close as soon as she opened her eyes.

"I am not able to feel my shoulder! What the hell happened? Is my shoulder dead?" Yera whisper-shouted at Heeseung while trying to jerk her shoulder to get rid of the numbness.

"What should I do? Kiss your shoulder? Or lips-" Heeseung stopped his sentence midway due to shock. After all, he blurted out the words he shouldn't have. They both were in a trance for a moment until Heeseung broke the silence.

"Well deserved to you and your stubborn self! Enjoy~" Heeseung applauded while chuckling and went out of the room, ignoring her calls and screams.

"FVCKING HELP ME OUT OF THIS SHIT LEE HEESEUNG!" Yera yelled from the room.

"KEEP AN EYE OPEN DURING THE NIGHT CAUSE I AM GOING TO KILL YOU WITH MY FAVOURITE PLUSHIE!"

"Whatever..." Heeseung mumbled as he strolled downstairs to attend to a new problem with his so-called cousin, Sim Jaeyun, a.k.a. Jake.

Heeseung and Jake had a really complicated relationship. They were cousins, but they were still rivals. They were both the aces of their classes, trying to beat each other's scores on every test, always coming up with schemes to get the other one down. It was just a friendly competition until the girl got involved. After that incident, their rivalry became a shambles. Since that time, they have both continued to despise each other from the bottom of their hearts.

Heeseung was curious as to why Jaeyun approached him after almost five years. They had cut their ties for a long time, totally unaware of each other's lives. Heeseung knew he was there for something important.

He was indeed in touch with his family, but only formally because Jake's father works with him in the cabinet of ministers. He was the foreign affairs minister. He and his uncle hardly got time to discuss their lives as they were both busybodies. Jake was out on some business in Australia, so he hardly saw a glimpse of him at the parties organised at his house.

While reminiscing about these matters, he finally stood in front of the living room where Jake was sitting on the sofa, his leg placed over the other, sitting in an elegant way. He had gotten bulkier and taller than before making him look mature and manlier. It was obvious because he was going to see him eye to eye after five years. His black hair covered his eyes, making him look intimidating. He was drinking water sip by sip as he observed the interior.

"Hey brother," Jake greeted as he observed Heeseung entering the room with a stoic expression. The air surrounding them got awkward for a minute before Heeseung broke the silence.

"Hi Jake," Heeseung greeted him nonchalantly while making himself comfortable on the couch placed opposite to the man.

"So, what brings you here?" Heeseung looked up in his eyes while tapping the couch.

"Afraid much?" Jake smirked as he observed the latter tapping the couch impatiently. It was his habit to tap on something whenever he was nervous. Jake had keen eyes.

"Are you forgetting who I am?" Tugging on a smile, Heeseung questioned him.

"Who can forget you, dear brother... You are all over the internet." Jake replied as he took off his jacket.

"How is your business in Australia going on?" Heeseung asked him.

"It's blowing up. What else can you expect? I am a winner, unlike you, a loser." Jake smirked in victory, as he knew he had got his nerve. All those horrifying memories that were buried deep in his heart were reappearing in front of his eyes.

His old scars had started opening up once again as his memories gushed in within a minute.

"You regret it now, don't you?" Heeseung asked him with a bitter smile, his voice coated with venom.

"NEVER. I will never regret doing that. After all, I won that game." Jake's lips etched a smirk, showing how happy his victory sounded. He was intoxicated and obsessed with being victorious. This sense, indeed, is what everyone wants. Everyone wanted to be Sim Jaeyun, but they didn't know how adverse its side effects could be.

People like him will still strive for victory even if it comes to someone's life. He just has to win. It doesn't matter to him if the play gets dirty; he is that much intoxicated about being victorious.

Maybe that's how his peers set up his mindset; they encouraged him to humiliate the nerdy boy, Heeseung, in any possible way because they all enjoyed the play. Two aces competing against each other sounded like fun to them. He thought he was the hero in the play, not knowing the fact that he was just being used as a puppet by those good-for-nothing friends.

"You are still not over your first love, right?" Jake asked him as he chugged another glass of water.

"Do you still love that dead girl? Such a loser!" Jake taunted him, which made him clench his jaw in anger.

"It was a fun game, Kim Yera..."

To be continued...

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️