Memories

Flashback

6 Years Ago

"Girl byeeee!" N'laisah laughs on the phone with her best and only friend Dee.

"I'm so serious girl, her edges was shifted. On my momma her shit got rocked!" Dee laughs.

"My stomach!" N'laisah holds her stomach in pain from laughing so hard.

"I'm crine." Dee sits the phone down to wipe her eyes.

"I gotta get off the phone witchu, I gotta get ready. We just procrastinating."

"Call me when you ready so I can try and convince Amari to take us." Dee says.

"Aight, see you later." N'laisah hangs up.

"That bitch did notttt get her bald cap ripped off in a fight!" She starts back laughing.

"We gotta get ready N'laisah." She tells herself, walking to the closet.

She looks over her wardrobe time and time again, not seeing anything sexy enough.

Her mom was at her night job. Her dad was a baller until he got locked up but the feds froze everything they had in the bank when he was arrested.

They repossessed all the things he bought with drug money, leaving his family with nearly nothing.

N'miyah had to start stripping to care for her children and put money on her husband's books.

N'laisah started working with at best friend's brother's trap and selling pain pills to help her momma out.

But since her mom wasn't here she decided to borrow some stripper outfit from her closet.

She looked through her mom's closet until she found black see-through lingerie that she wore with a black bra underneath.

She paired it with some black leggings and black stilettos since she didn't know any better than to wear heels to a party.

She knew how overprotective Amari was so she decided to hide her shirt with a hoodie until she got there.

After she did her hair and makeup she called back Dee.

"I'm ready."

"Okay so Amari wouldn't drive us there so I kinda just stole his car." Dee says.

"We can't drives we don't even have licenses!" N'laisah panics.

"I think I got the hang of it. I'll be there in like 2 minutes literally." Dee yells over the sound of people honking at her.

"Which car did you take? I hope you took the white one with the horse logo." She tells her.

"Of course I did." Dee replies cockily.

"I'm coming outside." N'laisah hung up and did as she said.

...

"It's so many people." Dee mumbles walking in the party.

"I knoww." N'laisah whispers.

"C'mon let's get sum drinks to loosen up." N'laisah grabs her friend's hand, leading her to the table.

"Let's drink this." Dee points to sum clear liquid.

They make cups and sip it, almost choking immediately.