4. ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟғ?

I felt a strong grip on my arm from behind, long acrylic nails digging into my skin

I winced in pain, turning behind to face the bitchy girls, standing in the silent school hallway.

I had some work to do in the library so I skipped the physical education class.
After completing my work, I had to face them, the day was definitely gonna be bad.

"What do you even want from me?"
R- you think you can stomp on me and I'll let you go!?
"Stop this shit already! Don't you get tired of bullying others?"

The smirk lying on Rosy's face was screaming she's upto something and I was proved correct when I got punched in my stomach.
My gut clenched and air inside left me.
I sat down in pain.
S- eww.. look at all that tummy fat!
Serena.

She used to tell me it's okay to have a bit of fat if I had any.. and she really said that to me.

My hands started shaking at the mention of my fat.
I gathered all my strength to get up and leave the place.
Before leaving though, my eyes met with another set of ocean eyes flashing concern.

I didn't know how I was walking but I felt the pain throughout my body.

My mind went down the memory lane.
When I was 10,

"you're fat, you need to loose weight! Look, you don't fit in any of your clothes now!" My mom's words drummed in my ears.

My breathing became uneven and vision became blur.

Maybe my body looked different and a little curvy but I wasn't a completely a defination of fat.
Even though I don't think there's any problem in being fat anyways but that can mean you're unhealthy.
I don't fit in that criteria.
I am perfectly fine all the time and still everyone always told me to cut down on meals .. by the name of we care for you.

Do I deserve so much hate just because I'm fat?

I didn't realise where I was until I sat down on a bench, loosing control on my legs.
I covered my face by my hands, as if that will be able to hide my sobs.

An husky sound of clearing throat broke the silence.
I looked up to see Aiden, staring down at me.
I broke the eye contact, feeling terrible about the fact that he saw me getting punched and then crying like a loser.

A- I didn't repay you for the last time you helped me to the library.
He reached out to give me a chocolate, sitting down besides me.
"You didn't have to.." I sniffed.
A- um, have this first..
He passed me the water bottle from his bag.
A- see you tomorrow..
He left, after smiling warmly at me, easing all the pain.

I gulped down a bit of water and then made my way home.

It felt good. To not hear things like, "you're not fat" or "you shouldn't be insecure but try to love yourself.." is it really possible?
When the world keeps telling you you aren't lovable, you are bound to start believing it at a point.
It becomes almost impossible to believe that you can be loved too.

He just sat there, gave me a chocolate and a bottle of water with a beautiful smile.
That was enough to comfort me..

His little gestures showing care have the power to make me feel better all over again.

✮˚. 🫧 𖦹彡⋆。˚

 🫧 𖦹彡⋆。˚