The Rush For Adrenaline

Hysterics among the trespassing group where covered by incoming thunder, they dashed through the rain, their clothes soaked and shoes splashing through the puddles.
The forest seemed to carry on forever, the trees seemed to almost glow red as they towered over the group and the place transferred a chilling fear throughout its atmosphere. The forest had been named 'The Devil's Tramping Ground,' many tend to stay away, cowering in fear and horror everytime they recall the treacherous history that the forest had continued to carry for centuries. Not only had the forest carried this but it had continued to happen throughout the years: satanic rituals with victims bodies so mutilated that they were unrecognisable had taken place in that very forest, one only a week ago. It was almost like the devil had decided to play tricks on humans, make them dread the future that beholds them and remind mortals that death is always inevitable.

The forest had been closed off for quite some time, hence the young group of 3 sneaking in. It had always been advised by everyone around never to step foot in there but some never listen. Everytime people enter, they always return traumatised, unable to speak and later on end their own life or they simply don't return. Some of their bodies are recovered however some are never seen again...
Despite this the group continue to laugh, their laughter echoing throughout the forest which would make anyone shiver. The group dash as fast as they can, clown masks that concealed their faces trying their best to stay on.
Until the laughter was interrupted by a shout and the 2 people behind their leader had haulted,
"Watch out" hauled one of them, much too late to help..
Their leader had crashed over a log and headed face first into the soil. The clown mask that had tried so very hard to stay on, finally gave up as it plummeted to the ground.
(next chapter may contain gore)