Possession of Moonlight

After you gain 'the sight', life seems to be a little more interesting than it is usually. Anything, anyone around you now has a rhythm that aligns with other's around them. It's like an orchestra nonstop. How could an individual not fall for that? Even right now, people around, existing in a melodic way which makes my chest tighten with satisfaction. I think this feeling right here, might replace any other 'satisfaction'. At least for me...

He wrote down on his laptop, he looked up to the ceiling then closed his eyes to listen the orchestra around him. Every being seemed to satisfy him. The way costumers' impatient sighs sound, the way coffee beads sound when they fill them up in the machine, the way rain sounds when they tap windows... His finger twitched a little, his nervous system was activating through his fingertips. He slightly smiled and looked at the tip of his finger. Little patterns on top of his finger, it reminded him of a butterfly's wing pattern. He wrote it down.

Staring at my fingertips. They bring a sensational feeling that makes my stomach feel the electricity inside. Artificial lights of this place hits on top of it as light wanders around my finger when I turn my finger around, it's like the patterns are showing off their beauty to me, to their owner. The lines and patterns... they remind me of butterflies' wings. Fragile and undetected most of the time.

He once again looked up from his screen, he looked outside from his seat. It was slightly foggy outside. He looked to the street lights, they were showing off the raindrops. People were under their umbrellas. He found that amusing, everyone had a frown on their face, trying to reach their home most possibly. Wasn't it fun to see people expressing themselves instinctively? His eyes then landed on a woman, she was standing right under the rain. She was in front of the cafe's door. She could've easily sneaked in with a step. What is it that makes her stand? Is she tired? Is she waiting for someone? Maybe she's having her main character moment. Maybe rain reminds her of a special memory. Or maybe she just loves feeling cold and wet under the rain.

Whatever it is... he was interested. He was interested to listen to her melody, her role in this nonstop orchestra. Before he could write anything down, she entered the cafe. He still couldn't see her face but he instinctively knew she was elegant looking. He smiled and started to write down.

She's a melody, that I am willing to listen. Her skin reminds me of milky chocolate that I got as a gift when I was eight years old, I can't help but wonder if I will have a chance to describe the way her skin tastes. Thinking of that specific moment of my tongue laying on her skin seems to be making my body twitch with desire. The way she moves seems to be confident yet floppy like a newborn deer. She has that fragility and elegance all over her. I would definitely not say she's approachable, it seems like everyone around us knows this woman is unreachable in some kind of way. I want to stare at her patterns. All over her, like a sheet music, waiting to be played by me. Her fingers are slim and tender looking, the way they shape reminds me of Greek sculptures.

She looked around her and took a sip from her coffee. She rested her head on top of her hand as she stared at the cup she was holding. He carefully watched, like a hunter hiding from their prey. She had sharp features that gave her a bold appearance. She looked like she was waiting to be written by him. He went back to writing.

She's like a colour palate. Her hair is dark brown, skin is milky brown, and then her eyes... A normal sight would call them a normal pair of brown eyes but they seem to shine under my sight. Would it hurt to be stared by them? I don't want her to leave. I want to be the only one she's staring with those sparkles of life in her eyes. Wouldn't it be beautiful to see my reflection inside her eyes?

This was the first ever time he felt possessiveness flowing through his veins. Him as someone really calm mannered and adaptive now wanted to dominate and feel the heat all over him. All because of a woman he met just a while ago.

。。。

Before he can even decide he found himself following her through the streets. Without even planning his next step or the end of this, he followed a new pattern of life he couldn't let go.

They were walking for half an hour. For the first time in years, he intentionally checked the time from his phone, time seemed to flow in a different manner when he was around her.

"I will call 911 if you take one more step." She coldly said, turning around with her phone on her hand. He was surprised but he felt satisfied somehow. So this is how she will act towards other guys than me...

"And why would you do that?" He answered. He was acting as if he wasn't following her for half an hour. She chuckled as she rolled her eyes.

"Maybe because you have been following me like a bastard would? Look I'm just trying to have a nice night, okay? Not today. Now fuck off." She said. He kept acting dumb and asked;

"Nice night? Is it a special day?" She didn't answered and started to walk away. He didn't said anything either, he just kept following her. Not so late she was triggered again.

"What do you want?? For fuck's sake.." She turned around once again. She got even angrier when she saw him smiling slightly.

"Are you high or something?? The fuck you laughing at?!" She talked again with an annoyed face. Even though he knew she would be interesting, he didn't expected her to be this much of a satisfaction to his senses.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to laugh, I just find you really interesting, you know." He said and moved closer in the street with no people around.

"You're just a god damn pervert, shut up and leave already, I ain't giving any shit to you." She answered back, taking big steps back.

He kept moving closer until she was cornered, he could feel his breath sliding through her skin. She was scared but he didn't feel any guilt. He had zero interest in harming her but actually protecting her for himself to the fullest.

Right before he can say anything, she slapped him right brutally on his left cheek. He backed off as he held his cheek with his hand. He quickly described the way it felt inside of his mind.

Thousands of needles poking my cheek, the heat feels too much to tolerate. My skin feels like melting, the raindrops takes the task of being ice cubes. Still, I love the way she makes me feel.

Before he can finish to describe, she started to run away. He watched her running away. He didn't chased her. He just watched it.

Then he looked up to the sky. Now the raindrops were getting lighter, the clouds were fading away slowly. Moon showed itself on the dark night as he stared at the raindrops landing on his hand.

After seeing her fading away fully he slowly laid on the road. He closed his eyes and opened through his senses to feel both the coldness and wetness of the road combining with the warmth of her touch. It felt like they were neutralising each other. Whatever it is... she made him feel alive in some way he had never experienced until now.

"Did you lose your mind?"
He heard her voice. Without opening his eyes, he mumbled his answer.

"If you want so, I can." His eyes were closed but he knew she was flustered. He wondered why she came back, maybe she would stay with him a little more.

"You will catch cold." She said, still looking at his body laying on the wet ground. He smiled and opened his eyes, looking up to her face.

"I have you to take care of me so it's okay." He said and stared at the moon on the sky.

"What makes you think that? I just ran to the wrong- I mean I just wanted to go this way instead!" She chuckled and crossed her arms. He smiled once again. How could she be so cute? Even with that attitude?

"What's your name, Mrs.Wrong Way?" He asked. She answered but immediately regretted.

"It's Wedemh, what about yours Mr.Confident?"

"Hyunjin. Hwang Hyunjin." After he answered there was a big silence. She didn't realised but she was now staring at the moon too. He looked up to her and saw it. The moonlight placed glitters all over her now soaked hair, her caramel skin now looked paler with the moonlight.

He listened to her melody combining with the rain sound. It reminded him of Serenade for Strings. He smiled and once again looked up to the moon.

"Isn't the moon lovely, my Wedemh?"