One Title

Izuku could remember when he found out he was quirkless, the day his mother gave up on him just like everyone else. The doctor took a few short tests after they came in with the question of why hasn't Izuku received his quirk yet? He was already four years old.

After an hour or two, the doctor came in with his evaluation of the different tests; he was indeed quirkless. Izuku's heart almost stopped. "Why?" He asked as tears run down his face. The doctor with a solemn in his eye, "You are missing a toe joint, this joint has been inside every quirk generation. Those with missing toe joints are all quirkless, sorry kid, you cannot become a hero. The doctor continues to speak with his mother and Izuku but the doctor's words fall on deaf ears. Izuku couldn't get past what the doctor said, he cannot become a hero.

   "Izuku?" His mother called, "Are you alright?"

   "Yes, mommy..." Inko tightens her grip around her son's hand and marches right home.

   Inko let Izuku use the computer as they entered their home. It always calmed him from any problem he had. Most of the time Izuku flips his emotion, yet the room is barely audible from the kitchen. He played the same video over and over. She didn't pay attention to it but already knew what he was watching; All Might's debut. That was his favorite video.

   His favorite lunch always worked. It healed every injury he took. Maybe. Hopefully. She slowly inched closer to the computer with a tray of food between her hands. Izuku kept staring close to the flashing screen. The lights were dim and the sun dropped below the horizon, waving goodbye with its orange appendage.

   "Izuku, I brought some All Might Sandwiches." She happily said. Izuku didn't budge a muscle. "Come on, Izuku. You need to eat. Izuku?" Inko slowly turns the swivel chair to look at Izuku face to face. A stream of tears falls off his smiling face, pointing at the computer. "Mommy?" He could barely release the word from his throat, "Can I be a hero just like All Might?" Those words, hero, stuck heart with a thousand pins. A good mother would tell Izuku that he could be whoever he wants to be, but, she isn't a good mother.

   Her arms wrapped around Izuku, pulling him close to her chest so he could feel her breaking heartbeat love for her boy. "I am so sorry!" She cried, "I am so sorry!" She cried again. The two desperately hugged each until Izuku fell asleep.

"Your father would know what to do..." Inko pulled her son into his All Might theme bedroom plastered with his memorabilia collected throughout the years. Only a couple of years. All might have always influenced the boy. She laid her lips on Izuku's forehead before retiring to her own bed. "Good night Izuku."

   Dawn woke Izuku with its blinding light banging against his face. Yesterday wasn't a dream. He really was quirkless. He left his bedroom and walked to his mother's room to prepare for school. Izuku couldn't get ready by himself, not yet at least. The two keep quiet, dwelling on yesterday's events.

   School felt scarier than before. Will his friend's mind that his quirklessness?They shouldn't, that's why they are friends.

   The small children gathered in the preschool room, and all of them had quirks that they showed off to everyone. All of them were equally impressive, but, Izuku's best friend, Katsuki Bakugou, outshined everyone else with his quirk. Several firework-like explosions were created from his hands. His quirk, Explosion, turn the sweat glands near his hand into nitroglycerin and when his palms heat up they prompt a chemical reaction that results in an explosion. At his current age, those glands could excrete only so much sweat.

As soon as Katsuki showed off his quirk to the class, both the adults and students praised him for being so lucky, telling him he would a wonderful hero in the future. Katsuki already knew he would even before he received his quirk, after all, he is the best. He is the fastest runner, the quickest learner, and the most agile. But the one thing he hates is losers who cannot give up.