Chapter 1 : The silent

The silent

'Agent 1, prepare for mission.' I hummed in response as I stepped into the club, 'seemingly unaware' of what was about to happen next. I plastered on a smile as I sauntered to the bar, my high heeled boots clicking. 'One martini please.' I told the bartender as I made myself comfortable. I looked around, trying to fit in to make myself not obvious. Someone suddenly sat down next to me and ordered a martini too. I took a sip from my martini as the man turned to me with a flirtatious smile. 'Did it hurt?'

I sighed inwardly as he continued, 'when you fell from heaven?' You can control yourself, don't lash out. 'No. I walked through hell.' He chuckled. 'Feisty eh?' I rolled my eyes and stood up to walk to the middle of the dance floor. The next thing I knew, I was joined by him. In the middle of a song, he leaned in and whispered the next few words. 'They are here.' I let out a hum in response. We had to behave like we were flirting and let me tell you, it is harder than it looks. His hot breath fanned my neck as he said, 'My job is done, you need to go back to the bar like you were waiting for me. Keep safe Agent 1.'

He let go of me and walked off before turning around and winking at me. I grumbled and rolled my eyes, walking back to my designated spot. I sipped my second martini as I talked to the bartender in an attempt to look and act like a normal person who's just having fun in a club.

3,2,1... BANG!

I turned around and saw men dressed in black with guns in their hands. The clubs erupted into utter chaos where people were screaming and crying. A couple were vomiting on their own blood before succumbing to death. Some were brutally mutilated. While others were being killed alive. As a 'civilian', I ran to the bathroom and locked it. I tapped the high heel boots where the stilettos retracted and I was left with ankle boots.

The door burst open and I fell back from the impact. Good, now I truly look like a scared shitless civilian. I tried moving to the corner of the bathroom but a man grabbed me by the throat. I tried wiggling around but to no avail. ''We have a civilian boys, what should we do with her hmm? She looks too pretty to waste.'' "We should bring her to boss.'' The bald man grabbed me by the arm and dragged me through the bloodbath. I shivered when seeing the damage and casualties. The boss, or should I say underboss, was waiting at the front of the club. I had tears in my eyes as I tried to struggle again. "Stop struggling bitch or we will hurt you. Trust me, it's not pretty." I scoffed inwardly. I could kill them all in seconds, I need to be more respected in the agency for my acting. It's so hard to not look all these men in the eye and just yawn. "Didn't I say to kill all civilians or witnesses?" The underboss, Angelo snarled impatiently. "He's going to be very pissed at yall." Angelo Rossi, a formidable man to most people. He had this murderous gleam in his eyes. He does not hesitate to kill, be it doing it himself or ordering people to do so. Many women swoon when they look at him. He sure has the charisma and the charm but if you dig deeper in, definitely no thanks. Men and women admire and fear him at the same time but let's just say, I don't admire AND fear him at all.

He looked at me and then said, "Keep her alive, boss will decide on what to do with her." The next thing I know, I fell into a deep and unconscious slumber.