↠ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

This is going to be a long one, so strap in

This is going to be a long one, so strap in. Enjoy!

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

SATURDAY, JANUARY 11, 1969

George had left around noon to go and jam with Eric Clapton, leaving Alexandria alone. She had assured him that she didn't mind being alone for a few hours. She had a new book that she was working on, and she hadn't had much alone time to work on it since her miscarriage, so now seemed like a good time to get some of that writing done.

In reality, though, she had more plans than just writing. As soon as George was gone, Alexandria picked up the phone, dialing the number to 7 Cavendish Avenue. She waited as the phone rang, sipping on a glass of water, and finally, someone picked up on the other end.

"Hello?" asked the voice of Linda McCartney.

Linda was a very lovely woman, and Alexandria was quite fond of her. Unlike Jane, Linda held no sort of grudge against Alexandria for having a history with Paul. She knew that any romantic attraction between Paul and Alexandria was history now, and it was nothing to be concerned about. She knew that Paul loved her, and she was confident enough in him that she didn't mind him still having a close friendship with Alexandria. He understood that the feelings they had had toward one another were special and translated over into the friendship that they had now. Alexandria and Paul had a deep sort of trust between them...plus they shared a mutual friend in George, and whenever they had troubles with George, they had each other to turn to.

"Hey, Linda," Alexandria greeted with a smile.

"Hey, Alex," Linda responded. "Can I help you?"

"Yeah, I actually wanted to speak to Paul about George," Alexandria answered, twirling the phone cord between her fingers. "George won't tell me what exactly happened yesterday, so I thought I could get the real story from Paul."

"All right," Linda said. "But, I oughta warn you that Paul sometimes bends fact just to make himself look good," she joked.

Alexandria grinned. "Oh, believe me, I am fully aware of that," she said.

Linda chuckled. "Let me go and get him, then," she responded.

Alexandria thanked Linda and waited while the woman on the other end of the line went off to get Paul. Alexandria let her eyes wander around the living room, and across the room, she spied a piece of wadded-up paper by the back door. It looked as if someone had meant to toss it into the trash and missed. She was undoubtedly curious, but kept her attention on the phone call she was indulged in for the time being.

Finally, there was some rustling on the other end of the line, and Paul's voice appeared, sounding a bit staticky as he adjusted the phone against his ear. "Hey, Alex," he greeted. "What's up?"