↠ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 26, 1969

A preliminary hearing had followed the Harrisons' house raid on March eighteenth. They had, of course, been charged with cannabis possession, and left in low spirits. Since then, they had once again been trying to stay out of the public eye. The press was thoroughly enjoying the fact that their life was being flipped upside down. They'd stood outside the entire day after the drugs squad had come, and they had been waiting outside the court on the eighteenth, waiting with their cameras to catch a glimpse of the guilty couple.

Articles of mixed reviews had appeared in papers. Some people were thrilled that yet another rockstar had been exposed as the bad influence on children that they were. Others attempted to accuse Sergeant Pilcher of being a fraud who just wanted to make people's lives hell. George and Alexandria tried to ignore these articles. They didn't want to outright agree that Pilcher was at the very least an arse, but they also wanted to maintain their innocence—and they did. They fought tooth and nail even though they knew very well how this was going to end. They were going to be found guilty. They knew that, but they weren't going down without a fight.

Today was probably only the tenth time that they were leaving the house since their preliminary hearing, and it was to attend a doctor's appointment. Alexandria was nine weeks pregnant now, and today was going to be their first attempt at hearing their baby's heartbeat. They tried not to get their hopes up because the doctor had warned that it could still be too early, but they couldn't hide the fact that they were practically shaking in excitement.

George took Alexandria out for breakfast before they went to the doctor's office, and his leg bounced up and down as he watched Alexandria fill out the forms she was given at the beginning of each visit. Her answers to the questions asked were much the same as they were every time, so she filled the papers out without giving much thought, and then they waited.

"Hell, Alex, I'm a bit nervous," George whispered. Alexandria sat the clipboard down on her legs and looped her arm through George's. She leaned her head against his shoulder. "I mean, what if they can't find anything? What if something terrible has happened?"

"Stop bein' so negative," Alexandria said, but she was definitely nervous too. "Doctor told us that it may still be too early. It's okay if we don't hear it."

George nodded, his eyes moving around the waiting room they were in. People were shooting glances their way. Of course, they were. He was George bloody Harrison, a Beatle, and apparently, he didn't deserve a private life. No, the entire world had to know all of his business.

He worried about coming to these appointments. That was why he had only been to a couple of them. He worried that the wrong person would be here and they would blab to the press about what they saw. I mean, George Harrison in a pregnancy clinic with his wife could only mean one thing—George Harrison's wife was pregnant. It didn't take a genius to put two and two together.